Effective 12/13/11, Comcast will be adding
BBC World News (Ch. 187) to the Digital
Preferred tier. Please call 1-800-XFINITY for
more information.

Newsjunkie21
join:2011-04-19
Brick, NJ

Newsjunkie21

I hope that this station eventually comes to the Garden State. I'd certainly watch.
Mgsports
join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS

Mgsports

I'm hoping for Sports Tier in 7 hundred's so my Comcast can get regional Sports Networks,Metro Sports 2 /HD/Metro Weather,Bounce TV/Ion Life/Qubo/KMCI HD/Reelztv,Fox Movie Channel and so on.

dot_null
Premium Member
join:2004-06-28
Kennesaw, GA

dot_null to Mgsports

Premium Member

to Mgsports
This is incredible news! Many have lobbied for BBC World News and other international news channels to come to Comcast for many years. Hopefully BBC World News will come to Atlanta soon and be on the lineup alongside CNN International here, instead of replacing it. Knowing Comcast though.....

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

The Multichannel News website just had an article today about this:

BBC World News Gets Xfinity TV Distribution - News Network Adds Major Comcast Markets This Year, More In '12
»www.multichannel.com/art ··· tion.php

J Jefferson3
@comcast.net

J Jefferson3

Anon

I knew everyone one would like this news, they been testing this off the grid for several weeks now in the Arlington, Alexandria and surrounding communities in that Region but I did not bring it up earlier because while the signals were good, the Negations were tough, BBC did ask for a lot of money, but because it was the 2nd most requested channel besides it mother ship channel BBC America, Comcast had to take the deal!!

There have been deals in the past for other previous channels that were broken up because some idiots leaks them to early and then the deal fall apart!! (By the way none of those were done by me anyway!!)

Plus with the Price Increases in just a Few days Comcast will have the Money to afford this anyway, it like you all ready paying for it now!!! I do know that at least for most of us on the East Coast when added it should be on channel 171 which used to be were The West coast of Flix was when Comcast removed most if not all of the West coast feeds several years ago!!

(However in most of central PA on channel 171, Flix W is still there because My region now never got those extra premiums in the first place, if i was in charge i just put in on 172 then, but Corporation make the decision when new channels get placed and when added so don't be surprised if that (Flex W) gets axed for the rest of Central PA and or all of Keystone Area)!!!!!

since i am here, BBC America Should go from Preferred to Starter in the Southern NEW Jersey S.A. areas on December 23, 2011, because of the holidays your going a little early!! since most of the work in your areas is all ready done!!! The rest should have this done by march at the latest when you get your limited basic analog removed, then get your 2 batches of new HD, (BBC America HD is in the First) (DIY HD is an example of the Second, but has not been made available yet other than Philadelphia itself yet!)

Comcast wants to gets this right, so do not be surprised if this gets a little slowed down, then we start in my area in March or when ever Freedom get done!) (While that is the plan for now, so if you do not like it, that too bad for you!!!)

P.S. and because of the Holidays, remember were not exactly go to be running at 100%, so please, be kind to the CSR's, they paid to follow their electronic script because that is what there paid to do, so do not yell at them at all, it is a waste of time, And corporate is getting sick of it, to the point that i should warn you, that it is rare but it could happen so i will tell you now, if anyone goes postal or goes off the wall, you will be kicked off, Tv is a privilege is is NOT a right!!) so please be very very careful, i only telling you this because there are stupid people in this world!!! So in case i do not get to post before Christmas (since i am working that period) i hope everyone has a Smart and SAFE holiday season!!!!!
LordStig
join:2011-06-15
San Francisco, CA

LordStig to Mgsports

to Mgsports
According to an article published by the BBC: "Comcast Xfinity subscribers in Philadelphia, Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Portland, northern California, Michigan and western New England will receive the channel this year, the BBC said."

I hope Fremont, CA is included in "northern California." However, given Comcast's track record it might take a while.
mjw703
join:2005-02-24
Arlington, VA

mjw703 to J Jefferson3

to J Jefferson3
Hey J Jefferson, good to read your post. I'm on the Arlington/Alexandria system and I'm very happy to have BBC World on the lineup. Looking forward to getting BBC America in HD next year. Also I mentioned this on another thread, but the channels for Ovation HD and Ovation SD are in the wrong spots. I remember when Ovation HD was added a few months ago I thought the channel looked like garbage and nothing was ever in HD. Then I scanned by ch. 155 where Ovation SD is supposed to be and saw that this is where the HD version of the channel is and it looks pretty good. I'm not so bothered by this that I want to call a CSR about, but if you have a contact down here, could you let them know? It would be nice to have the HD channels grouped together as they should be.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to Mgsports

to Mgsports
I hope its in HD

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Mike Wolf:

I hope its in HD

Unfortunately, from what mjw703 said in another thread, and given the channel number that will be used in our area (171), it will only be (initially?) provided in SD.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

thats ok, it's still carried by BBC America HD during the early hours of the morning, as well as on various PBS HD stations.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Mgsports

to Mgsports
when will the northern panhandle of west virginia see this channel?

Streetlight
join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight to Mgsports

to Mgsports
This came to Colorado Springs on Channel 121. I thought it was supposed to arrive on Dec 21. It's in Standard Definition, but looks pretty good.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Mgsports

Premium Member

to Mgsports
Hopefully this and BBCA HD come to the Gloucester County system in SNJ soon(well I think thats the system name, could be Turnersville instead, I know when I enter my Zip on comcast I get like four different digital systems in the list)

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy

said by Kearnstd:

Hopefully this and BBCA HD come to the Gloucester County system in SNJ soon(well I think thats the system name, could be Turnersville instead, I know when I enter my Zip on comcast I get like four different digital systems in the list)

If you have an SA box your apart of Gloucester. Moto boxes is apart of Turnersville.

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

mustang50 to Mgsports

Premium Member

to Mgsports
This was on my bill statement:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective January 24, 2012: The following Digital Starter HD channels will be added: Bloomberg HD Ch.
988*, Sprout HD Ch. 993*. The following Digital Preferred channels will be added: BBC World News Ch. 387, BYUtv Ch. 390, and Oxygen
HD Ch. 980*. The following channels will be removed from Premium service: HBO Family HD Ch. 269 and MoreMax HD Ch. 273. BBC
America Ch. 114 will move from Digital Preferred to Standard Basic.* The HD Technology Fee and a HD converter or
CableCARD-equipped HD device required to view these channels.
zeejay
join:2011-12-14

zeejay to Newsjunkie21

to Newsjunkie21
said by Newsjunkie21:

I hope that this station eventually comes to the Garden State. I'd certainly watch.

Im also hoping bro!

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

jblues to mustang50

to mustang50
said by mustang50:

This was on my bill statement:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective January 24, 2012: The following Digital Starter HD channels will be added: Bloomberg HD Ch.
988*, Sprout HD Ch. 993*. The following Digital Preferred channels will be added: BBC World News Ch. 387, BYUtv Ch. 390, and Oxygen
HD Ch. 980*. The following channels will be removed from Premium service: HBO Family HD Ch. 269 and MoreMax HD Ch. 273. BBC
America Ch. 114 will move from Digital Preferred to Standard Basic.* The HD Technology Fee and a HD converter or
CableCARD-equipped HD device required to view these channels.

That was on my statement a couple weeks ago as well here in Allen Park, mustang. However, today I got a box message telling me about BBC World News and BYU TV (which has already been on my system for about 3 weeks!) AND they added those HDs today (Oxygen, Sprout and Bloomberg), one month early! They haven't killed HBO Family HD yet or the MoreMax HD.

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

mustang50

Premium Member

yep, got them here as well last night....geeeez Comcast ahead of schedule for a change.......stop the presses...lol

pjsbars
@comcast.net

pjsbars

Anon

My TIVO has added BBC World News to channel 171 but comcast of Garden State, NJ has not activated the channel. My guess tomorrow or Friday. They also added 2 other channels (ch 579 HITN & ch 591 DFAME) I think these Espanol channels.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to Mgsports

Premium Member

to Mgsports
Indy has bbca unlocked just checked, Finally I can catch my british comedy's again!

Streetlight
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight

You'll get more Brit comedies on PBS than BBCA, unless you consider BBC news, Star Trek Generations, Top Gear, Dr. Who, The Tudors and Gordon Ramsy as comedy. That's about all that's on this channel. Check your Comcast Guide for program listings.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

heh I have been checking and they have a few funny things on there and they have top gear too lol.
moes

moes to Streetlight

Premium Member

to Streetlight
well only british comedies I want to watch are the older ones, like "are you being served" which hardly ever runs on pbs anymore.

Streetlight
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight

said by moes:

well only british comedies I want to watch are the older ones, like "are you being served" which hardly ever runs on pbs anymore.

moes,

You're right. The old British comedies are great. It looks to me that what you see depends on your location. Here in Colorado, Rocky Mountain PBS (RMPBS) shows only a single Brit comedy two or three times per week. Haven't seen Are You Being Served for years. Keeping up Appearances seems to be shown occasionally. They start with episode 1 and continue to the end. We visit my in-laws in Iowa a couple of times a year and PBS there has about five different comedies per week - cycling through one episode of each comedy per week. Are You Being Served is generally one of them.

Most of the regulars on Are You Being Served have passed away. Young Mr. Grace (Harold Bennett, 1899–1981), Mr Harmon (Arthur English, 1919–1995), Mr. Mash (Larry Martyn, 1934–1994), Mr. Grainger (Arthur Brough, 1905–1978), Mr. Goldberg (Alfie Bass, 1916–1987), Old Mr. Grace (Kenneth Waller, 1927–2000), Mr. Grossman (Milo Sperber, 1911–1992), Mrs. Slocombe (Mollie Sugden, 1922–2009), Mr. Humphries (John Inman, 1935–2007), Miss Brahms (Wendy Richard, 1943–2009), and Mr. Lucas (Trevor Bannister, 1934–2011) are now gone. Of the other major players, Mr. Peacock (Frank Thornton, 1921 - ) and Mr. Rumbold (Nicholas Smith, 1934 - ) are still with us.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to pjsbars

MVM

to pjsbars
said by pjsbars :

My TIVO has added BBC World News to channel 171 but comcast of Garden State, NJ has not activated the channel. My guess tomorrow or Friday.

BBC World News was added as of this morning (on Ch. 171) here in Monmouth County, NJ.
PhillyJim
join:2008-05-13
Philadelphia, PA

PhillyJim to Mgsports

to Mgsports
BBC World News was added in Northeast Philadelphia on Ch. 176.

pjsbars
@army.mil

pjsbars to telcodad

Anon

to telcodad
Channel 171 was working this morning on the Garden State, NJ system too!!!

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

And on Channel 171 on the New Castle County, DE system as well!
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Floppy

Premium Member

to Floppy
said by Floppy:

said by Kearnstd:

If you have an SA box your apart of Gloucester. Moto boxes is apart of Turnersville.

Must be Turnersville then, we have all Moto here.

Also BBC World News is in my guide at channel 171