uniqs

pcguy
join:1999-10-15
Winnipeg, MB

4 edits

pcguy to ShawSean

to ShawSean

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

Tues night after midnight I lost all internet requiring a power cycle of the modem. Around 3PM Wed I lost internet again although this time I did not have to power cycle the modem. When I went to use the computer this morning Oct 27th, at 8AM the internet was down requiring the 2nd power cycling of the modem.

Also it has been 2 days since the analog channels were supposedly removed here in Wpg which was suppose to fix the crappy primetime speeds here. Well it is 00:30AM Friday and this is an example of Shaw Extreme speeds:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5950.png »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6470.png

This has been going on since at least May or June and was only recently confirmed by Shaw that indeed this node does have congestion. How much longer Shaw do I have to put up with this?

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

said by pcguy:

Tues night after midnight I lost all internet requiring a power cycle of the modem. Around 3PM Wed I lost internet again although this time I did not have to power cycle the modem. When I went to use the computer this morning Oct 27th, at 8AM the internet was down requiring the 2nd power cycling of the modem.

Also it has been 2 days since the analog channels were supposedly removed here in Wpg which was suppose to fix the crappy primetime speeds here. Well it is 00:30AM Friday and this is an example of Shaw Extreme speeds:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5950.png »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6470.png

This has been going on since at least May or June and was only recently confirmed by Shaw that indeed this node does have congestion. How much longer Shaw do I have to put up with this?

Working on it now, I'll be in touch shortly.

pcguy
join:1999-10-15
Winnipeg, MB

pcguy

Thanks Sean. Will see if my frustration levels decrease.

JerryC88
@shawcable.net

JerryC88

Anon

hi sean
i have a latency problem right now, just want to see if you encountered it before:

i live in Richmond BC (on Granville/Garden City area)
its a new apartment, still people moving in.
during 5pm - 1am high traffic hours, my ping start to wobble SEVERELY on PingTest ....it gets 90ms ping with 70ms jitter... in a few cases (during late night) i got upwards of 300ms and have packet loss on pingtest
up and down speed also drops, sometimes just stay flat at the bottom of my plan (Highspeed....on Shaw Speedtest)

this is very annoying since it makes my BF3 completely unplayable (i have also tested on other first person shooters so its not my computers problem, and it seems to go away during low traffic hours). what i experience ingame is after moving a few step foward, the server still thinks i was at my last location so it moves me back. So im just running around jittery like that all over the place.

It also seems the problem increases when connecting to USA servers.

thx for the help, let me know if you heard of this before