join:2004-01-30

1 edit

Office Desk and Setup

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Basically here is the setup-

60" Anthro Cart Everything is on Ergotron Mounts

27" iMac quad core i7 2.8mhz 12gb ram Hooked via displayport to a DELL U2711 Monitor

Mac Pro 1,1 2 dual Core 2 Duos 5Gb of Ram 64gb SSD for boot 8TB of storage in RAID10 config

Halo Reach Xbox 360

Logitech Z5500 speakers(I would recommend these to anybody.) I modded them to work with the cheap speaker mounts you can get on monoprice.com

iPad 2 with bluetooth keyboard

Overall it's probably the best setup I have ever had. I would also recommend the Ergotron mounts to everyone. Sure they cost money but they are amazing and worth every penny.

NgtFlyer

join:2000-07-09
Marietta, GA

Re: The Home Office

Nice setup. I'll second the recommendation on Ergotron mounts. I work for an IT MSP and we use them often for clients that request mounts. They are of excellent quality.

RiseAbove
Premium
said by NgtFlyer:

Nice setup. I'll second the recommendation on Ergotron mounts. I work for an IT MSP and we use them often for clients that request mounts. They are of excellent quality.

Thanks.

In regards to the ergotron's it's good to see you are using them also. I have used all the cheap stuff like what you find on amazon or monoprice.com and they are far from the quality you will see with Ergotron. I brought one into work for a dual monitor setup and people talk about it all the time and ask who it is made by because they want one. The quality of the mount is kind of like the Anthro Cart desk I have. It's hand made and just solid as a rock. I would also recommend their stuff to anyone.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to RiseAbove

Re: Office Desk and Setup

Nice indeed,....

I didn't know you could mount an iMac,.....

What is the max load for your Ergotron mount(s)?

RiseAbove
Premium
said by Octavean:

Nice indeed,....

I didn't know you could mount an iMac,.....

What is the max load for your Ergotron mount(s)?

Here is the mount I have it on
»www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/···ult.aspx

it is rated for 30lbs and the 27" iMac is right about at that.

Cyanide41

join:2002-10-06
mexico
reply to RiseAbove
Best part of this set up is the Arrogant Bastard.

rykker2

join:2006-02-16
Calgary, AB
reply to RiseAbove
Did anyone else notice the Leopard print curtains... now that's a real Mac fanboy

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
But you'd have to change them every year or two!