All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mi
@noaa.gov

mi

Anon

Michigan DSL outage - all day Thursday with no internet!

In Alpena MI - Frontier DSL was down from mid morning until after 5pm! Techs said it was some "router problem" in Muskegon and then it affected all of the northern lower.
For businesses depending on internet - this was a lost day of business costing huge amounts of money.
rhorist
join:2000-10-11
Buford, GA

rhorist

My Dad's business in Metamora, MI has been down since 4 am Wednesday morning...... Has lost business because of this as well. Actually he has had to resort to Faxing for communications.

West MI
@charter.com

West MI to mi

Anon

to mi
Repeated calls to Frontier Since Tuesday. The area of outage seems to be expanding from Muskegon->West MI->Lower Peninsula->All MI and North Carolina as of 8:00am today. And their automated system drops your calls when you "Wait on the line to speak to a technician"! I'm switching to Charter!

GarMar
@k12.mi.us

GarMar

Anon

said by West MI :

Repeated calls to Frontier Since Tuesday. The area of outage seems to be expanding from Muskegon->West MI->Lower Peninsula->All MI and North Carolina as of 8:00am today. And their automated system drops your calls when you "Wait on the line to speak to a technician"! I'm switching to Charter!

If you had Charter as an option why would you have ever been on DSL to begin with? I'd be on cable in a heartbeat if it was an option.

WildeCard
@k12.mi.us

WildeCard to mi

Anon

to mi
No problems here in Yale, Mi. At least not yet at any rate.....
rhorist
Buford, GA

rhorist

Do you have a static IP address?
ShellMMG
join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI

ShellMMG to mi

to mi
It wasn't just the northern lower peninsula...I got hit here in Jackson County. My internet connection went down approx. 2:30PM yesterday (10/27). There were announcements about the outage on the CS line; apparently North Carolina, the Elkhart, Indiana area and West Virginia got clobbered.

There were two servers down in Muskegon at 2PM today, but my router still was redlighted. I put in a call to Bill, the Technical Supervisor in Stockbridge, who once again came to my rescue! They were doing some behind-the-scenes work as part of restoring services and my area was still FUBAR'ed. I don't know what Bill and Derek did, but after a hard reset of the modem I was back up and running.

I hope this is last of the DSL nightmares I see for a while. My install was last week and we've been down more than up. :-[
slimtim
join:2002-12-12
Cleveland, TN

slimtim

Maybe I should be glad they haven't turned on the dslam in my area yet...... Growing pains perhaps.

Meta_DSL
@spcsdns.net

Meta_DSL to mi

Anon

to mi

Re: Michigan DSL outage - No Frontier DSL Internet since Wed

Frontier internet in Metamora, MI (and much of Michigan) went down at about 4am Wed 10/26 (when an 'upgrade' was attempted) and is still down at 7:45am Monday 10/31.

Support tells us that the Muskegon router is up, but after tests is not working. A number of outages were reported, all related to the same router. Until replaced (no estimate) we are stuck without Internet service.
rhorist
Buford, GA

rhorist

Meta_DSL,

Are you still down? My father's business in Metamora was also affected by this. Fontier actually sent out a tech on Friday and he had to do several things to the modem to get it back working. He told them that the modem should have reset, but that some where not and it needed a tech to fix. I would call in a trouble ticket and have someone come out and check it.