BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to caps321

Re: Brighthouse/WatchESPN dilemma

Oh yea...there would NOT be a repeat of 2005 that he can be sure of. Just waiting to hear back from him.

denhunter

join:2011-12-01
Orlando, FL
Brighthouse is the ultimate in service crooks. I cannot go to their cable competition, because competition is prohibited in the cable industry in Florida, at least it certainly is in Orlando. Their rates are off the charts if you want 'basic' cable, which of course does NOT include ESPN. I cannot get watchESPN online because they demand that you have THEIR full cable service, before they will allow you to use cable internet to get WatchESPN online.

So in order to get this wonderful 'FREE' WatchESPN service, I have to pay 50 bucks a month plus tax to Brighthouse for internet service, THEN pay another 50 bucks a month for TV service, that I have no interest in buying.

They just made this so this year, looking to stuff their pockets again. Last year, you could watch ESPN3 online, with having their over priced TV service.

So I am cancelling these thieves and their apologetic minions from my life, having ATT installed for 6 months at about 30 bucks total, and THEN getting a better TV choice AND the WatchEspn package FOR FREE on the internet. Getting rid of Brighthouse saves me twenty a month, AND gives me TV. I have been content to just watch the antennae channels on my TV, but if ATT will give them others free with my internet service, why not?

There is not a single reason to give Brighthouse a dime.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
said by denhunter:

Brighthouse is the ultimate in service crooks. I cannot go to their cable competition, because competition is prohibited in the cable industry in Florida, at least it certainly is in Orlando. Their rates are off the charts if you want 'basic' cable, which of course does NOT include ESPN. I cannot get watchESPN online because they demand that you have THEIR full cable service, before they will allow you to use cable internet to get WatchESPN online.

So in order to get this wonderful 'FREE' WatchESPN service, I have to pay 50 bucks a month plus tax to Brighthouse for internet service, THEN pay another 50 bucks a month for TV service, that I have no interest in buying.

They just made this so this year, looking to stuff their pockets again. Last year, you could watch ESPN3 online, with having their over priced TV service.

So I am cancelling these thieves and their apologetic minions from my life, having ATT installed for 6 months at about 30 bucks total, and THEN getting a better TV choice AND the WatchEspn package FOR FREE on the internet. Getting rid of Brighthouse saves me twenty a month, AND gives me TV. I have been content to just watch the antennae channels on my TV, but if ATT will give them others free with my internet service, why not?

There is not a single reason to give Brighthouse a dime.

Sorry...

We don't have the luxury of giving you access to WatchESPN when you aren't a ESPN customer. Once you have cable service where ESPN the channel is included you would then be able to view the online version. If you have major issues with that requirement your anger might be better directed at ESPN.

If there's anything I can do for you let me know...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~