how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

[All] New England Weather

Has anybody heard of the pending Nor'Easter that's supposed to affect New England Saturday into early Sunday Morning? all the boston news stations are saying near 6'' from Worcester west and mostly rain SE MA before a late changeover to snow Sat night.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
The Weather Channel has a forecast map here:
»www.weather.com/outlook/weather-···11-10-26

Looks like you and I won't get much of anything. West is a different story.

I think my poor mom might be getting 4-5" of snow on her birthday
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to gt1racer
Yes. I have received a few "Winter Storm Watch" messages on my phone. We are expecting 6+ inches, even along the coast. I guess it is supposed to be wet and heavy snow, and with leaves still on the trees there is likely to be power outages.

"......THIS IS AN IMPACT-DRIVEN WATCH GIVEN THAT THIS IS THE FIRST STORM
OF THE SEASON...AND A VERY EARLY ONE AT THAT. WHILE 6 OR MORE
INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE IN PORTIONS OF THE WATCH AREA...EVEN
JUST 2 TO 4 INCHES OF HEAVY WET SNOW WILL LEAD TO DOWNED BRANCHES
OR TREES SINCE LEAVES ARE STILL ON MANY TREES. THIS COULD RESULT
IN NUMEROUS POWER OUTAGES...... "

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
reply to gt1racer
The 1 to 3 inches Wustah was supposed to get last night turned out to be no more than a dusting of wet, white stuff. Some of the hills in the towns got some snow but no more than an inch. And so I say pllllth to a forecast of 6 inches.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
New York, NY
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
We didn't really get anything to stick last night, but we actually had thundersnow. I think thundersnow in October is one of the signs of the apocalypse.
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

gt1racer

Fall River, MA
reply to gt1racer
if this storm has something to say about this upcoming winter for our region then it's going to be a stormy and cold season ahead especially with La Nina returning.

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

2 edits
reply to gt1racer
There's still snow on the ground right now at work from last night. The forecast I heard on the news and radio said upwards of 8 inches around and north of 495. Between 128 and 495 they said 4-6 inches and below 128 they said 2-3 inches for tomorrow.

Edit: Just read the updated forecast online. It looks like 2-5 inches at most but 35-45 mph winds. If a few inches of snow gets on a tree then the wind snaps it we're in for some serious issues! We'll break the record it looks like too!
--
"We are the Borg. You WILL be assimilated!" -ST:TNG

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to gt1racer
Rain.
Not enough wind to go to the beach and check out the waves.
Nothing to see here, move along.

It doesn't snow on Cape Cod.

I do remember snow on Halloween when I was Very, Very Young.

Edit:
I haven't bitched about leaves yet.
Consider it done.

Spork35

Methuen, MA
said by capecoddah:

I do remember snow on Halloween when I was Very, Very Young.

That's definitely a 'trick'.
--

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to gt1racer
Last measurable snowfall in Portland was 1898. lol Some records are just not meant to be broken! I saw quite a few trucks ziping around trying to get plows where they should be. I think a lot have been caught off guard, especially when this storm was suppose to be out to sea all week long.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to gt1racer
Click for full size
Rubbish. Go ahead with Winter Storm Watches and Warnings. Where I am isn't worth the effort of even shoveling. Pffft.....

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

reply to gt1racer
I'm ready!

Squeegee off the driveway like a pro.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
New York, NY
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
reply to gt1racer
My mom says it's already "snowing like crazy" where she lives in New York. Her birthday party might be getting canceled
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA
Tuned up and fired up the snow-blower this morning. If I use it tomorrow it will be the first time I used the snow-blower before the leaf-blower. OUCH!!

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
Wormtown
reply to gt1racer
White stuff falling from above has begun.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
New York, NY
Just started pouring rain here with heavy wind. Chilly, but doesn't seem near cold enough to snow...
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
reply to gt1racer
No snow here, yet. It is very likely to start as rain when when anything starts.
I really am not expecting the "epic" snow they say we are going to get. I am more worried about the heavy 50mph wind forecasted.

Edited (Someone tell Apple to do something about their "spellcheck!")

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to gt1racer
Time warner died first now power is gone. Not impressed! How long until spring!?
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
New York, NY
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
It's been snowing for about 6 hours and there's maybe an inch of slush on the ground... Weather Underground seems to think we'll be getting 6-10 inches, Weather Channel says more like 2-3. NOAA says 5-9. Boston.com is entirely non-functional (power outages somewhere?).

All in all I'd say the forecasters have had no idea what the hell was going on through most of this...
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

gt1racer

Fall River, MA
reply to gt1racer
Here's when Fall River Changed over

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMr6kQDecE

Hopefully we can use this thread for all seasons.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
Wormtown
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to gt1racer
The white car on the left is being eaten by the tree.
6.5 inches here.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to gt1racer
My power went out at 2:30 this morning and it is still out. We got about 5 inches of very wet snow. It is still coming down.
My generator is running. Enough power for the frige, freezer, tv, coffe maker and lights. But not enough to run the water pump so no water.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
Wormtown
reply to gt1racer

Look out below!

The bright sun is warming things up just enough to cause the snow to drop off the trees and roofs like bombs.

Frostbite

join:2000-06-13
Marlborough, MA
reply to gt1racer

Re: [All] New England Weather

Friends of mine in Nashua are lucky to be alive this morning and are counting their blessings. A neighbor's house caught fire last night. And when they went outside to see, a power pole snapped and nearly fell upon them. All around town up there, transformers exploded and left most of the city in the dark.

I'm glad I made the decision to head home last night rather than spend a second night up there after a Hallowe'en party. As it was, heading south at 4 o'clock, Route 3 north of 495 was a little iffy. South of 495 at that point, it was mostly wet. But even before I heard about the near miss, I was glad I headed home *before* the roads got bad.

Here in Framingham, we lost power around 11:30 last night. I was using candles on general principle for light and warmth, so I didn't even know when the power actually went out until my laptop lost Internet connection -- the UPS backing the router finally ran out of juice. When I woke up this morning, power was already back. This morning, we're just waiting for Maintenance to come reset the water heaters. All in all, not too bad.

The storm has been worse to us than Irene. Irene barely did anything to the area. However, snow sticking to trees mostly full of leaves has made them even more dangerous than iced over tree limbs.
--
-Frosty, KA1FOX

gt1racer

Fall River, MA
reply to gt1racer
Just went outside about an hour ago and only measured 1.6" on the ground but measured 3" on both my parents cars.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
New York, NY
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
reply to gt1racer
Woke up to mostly bare pavement and blue skies, here. Maybe 2" on the cars, at most. I did hear the snowplow come through during the night at some point, but it seems like this one mostly missed us. Yay
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
reply to gt1racer
Yea. Power is back on!

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to gt1racer
Power out from 04:40 to 05:10. Verizon hiccuped about 2.
Driveway and streets are green with leaves. Twig city. Not photo worthy.
None of the dead branches I wanted to fall did.
Friggin' leaves. I've got 6 bags ready for the dump/ Transfer Station/ whatever and it's going to be a zoo tomorrow.

Weather station at the house said 40mph wind last night.
Weather Dude down the street screwed up his site »www.capecodweather.net/
so it doesn't show raw and compiled data anymore. His anemometer is more accurate than mine.

gt1racer

Fall River, MA
reply to gt1racer
Looks like it's going to be a very cold night tonight with Light & Variable/Calm winds good luck in the morning commute everybody!

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to gt1racer
We lost power for about 5 hours and cable/phone/internet will be down until tomorrow. I didn't measure the snow but I'm guessing it was about 6" of nasty wet snow. No damage done just a ton of down branches and I have no idea how to get rid of all that wood!
--