"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to vaxvms

Premium Member

to vaxvms

Re: [All] New England Weather

I haven't heard anyone mention if they lost anything to the cold and below freezing, since the 6 days of over 75. Yes, there where flowers coming up that wouldn't until mid- late April, but I think they can handle this. We seem to run about 2 weeks behind you guys so that may have helped.

Spork35
join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

Spork35 to gt1racer

to gt1racer
I haven't seen anything lost to the cold around here. I wish the grass died but it's growing like a weed already. I've got to get on my mower dealer to deliver my new mower ASAP.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to gt1racer

to gt1racer
April 6 - 1982: April blizzard with 14 inches of snow, 75 mph winds;

On this day in 1982, a seldom-seen early spring blizzard bluntly reminded local residents that Old Man Winter wasn't finished yet.

Fourteen inches of snow piled up in Falmouth, as it did in Boston, while hurricane-force gusts of 75 mph were recorded at the Blue Hills Observatory.

"The blizzard, which swept from Ohio through New England, brought travel to a virtual standstill in cities such as Boston and New York, where a snowstorm of such ferocity had never hit this time of year," the Associated Press reported.

More than 50 cars and trucks were involved in a pile-up on Interstate 495 near in Marlboro. "It was like someone breaking a rack of pool balls," one of the motorists told an AP reporter. "Cars were sliding all over the place."

The storm was blamed for the crash of a light plane in Pennsylvania that killed two people and toppled a lighthouse in Ohio.
gt1racer
join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

gt1racer

Looks like the 2012 Boston Marathon will be hotter than 2004.

Friday: Mostly Sunny to Partly Cloudy Skies Highs 55 to 65

Saturday: Warming Trend begins with Sunny Skies Highs 65 to 70

Sunday: Warm Front triggers Isolated Thunderstorm mostly NW of Boston Highs 70 to 80

Marathon Monday: Blazing Sunshine with 70s at the Hopkinton Starting Line with mid to upper 80s at the Finish in Boston.

Spork35
Methuen, MA

Spork35 to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Mid 80's Monday then back to 50's the rest of the week. Heat to a/c to heat again.

seginus
join:2008-01-30
Wendell, NC

seginus to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Taking the top and doors off the Jeep when I get home today. First time since I bought it. totally stoked!

Spork35
Methuen, MA

Spork35 to gt1racer

to gt1racer
I have the new riding mower arriving on Saturday. Now I'll be able to sit down and drive around at 5 mph with a beer. Much better then pushing a mower around.
gt1racer
Fall River, MA

gt1racer

Click for full size
it look's like 80s are returning this weekend.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to gt1racer

Premium Member

to gt1racer
Very nice!
Sunny and Gorgeous here at 68... perfect! I love it.

I am not looking forward to having to go to work later!
gt1racer
Fall River, MA

gt1racer

I'm going to Six Flags (Agawam) on Saturday and here's what each Station is saying in Springfield

CBS 3: 84 Sunny
22 News: 85 Sunny
ABC 40/ Fox 6: 86 Sunny

Looks to be a great day to go to the Park and Hurricane Harbor Saturday.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by gt1racer:

I'm going to Six Flags (Agawam) on Saturday and here's what each Station is saying in Springfield

CBS 3: 84 Sunny
22 News: 85 Sunny
ABC 40/ Fox 6: 86 Sunny

Looks to be a great day to go to the Park and Hurricane Harbor Saturday.

I thought the water park didn't open until Memorial Day.. or is it Memorial Day weekend.

I know last day for the water park is usually Labor Day.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Camaro

Premium Member

Here you go for info you were looking for. »www.sixflags.com/newengl ··· nfo.aspx

Since it's 15 min. down the road from me makes a season pass actually useful.

capecoddah
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Forecasters: 4 to 8 hurricanes this season

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
May 24, 2012

MIAMI — Federal forecasters predict there will be about nine to 15 storms during this year’s Atlantic hurricane season.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration released its initial outlook Thursday for the six-month storm season that officially begins June 1.

The season got an early start when Tropical Storm Alberto formed last Saturday off South Carolina’s coast.

The agency predicts that this year’s total will include four to eight hurricanes. One to three of those could become major hurricanes.

This season marks the 20th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew’s catastrophic landfall in South Florida as a Category 5 storm.

Last year marked the sixth consecutive year without the U.S. landfall of a major hurricane, which are classified as Category 3 storms with sustained winds of 111 mph or higher.
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by capecoddah:

Place your bets!

I bet I'll get some use out of my generator setup.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to gt1racer

Premium Member

to gt1racer
Turn the heat off. Turn the a/c on. Turn the a/c off. Turn the heat on.
Ahhh, mid and late May in Boothbay.
Dominokat

Dominokat to gt1racer

Premium Member

to gt1racer
86 degrees in Boothbay.
And, FWIW--- Bloody hot in the kitchen!
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

I don't even know how hot it was during mid-day when I was cutting the lawn. It was crazy hot outside and thankfully the A/C kept it cool inside.

capecoddah
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

capecoddah to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Lovely day, Figawi race was postponed 1/2 hour due to fog. Last year was 3 hours.

Oh well, I'm at work instead of drinking rum on Nantucket this year

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Weather Underground says tomorrow's high is 88F. NOAA says 69F. That... seems like an awfully high margin of error for 24 hours out.
gt1racer
Fall River, MA

gt1racer

I agree Sarah the error seems weird, TWC 73 tomorrow, Wunderground 86 NOAA 74 and Accuweather 73 for Fall River.

capecoddah
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to gt1racer

to gt1racer
74° and sunny, light breeze.

Now if you excuse me, I gotta go to one a ma jobs mon.

Memorial Day weekend. New deck shoes, no socks until Columbus Day.

Mon.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat to gt1racer

Premium Member

to gt1racer
Click for full size
4-5 inches of rain in the next 24 hours.
Then , rain, drizzle and down right yucky until later next week.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Nothing like a little rain to drowned all the ants...errrrr I mean make the grass grow.

bemis
Premium Member
join:2008-07-18
united state

bemis

Premium Member

Can't believe we're looking at another 4 days of rain in the area.

This weekend it was clear Sat would be a bust with rain, but I got my hopes up Sat night when Sun was predicted to be "mostly dry"... turned out to mist/rain/spit/drizzle the entire day.

I haven't decided if my ants are drowned, or planning a resurgence... I've got a standing appointment for my annual pest person to do exterior spraying on 6/12, I know it's too early to tell, but at this point I feel like calling to cancel and waiting for a drier period--the stuff isn't supposed to be sprayed if rain is expected within 48 hours, but I know they'll just give me the "nah it's OK, and we'll come back if you need it" schpeal, they want their $218, rain be damned.
gt1racer
Fall River, MA

gt1racer

Click for full size
Here's Fall River's Extended Outlook

capecoddah
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to gt1racer

to gt1racer
Simply lovely sunny day on Cape. Dump/ bank/ groceries/others, then mow the weeds. Not sweating from every pore. Last bag of mulch down, trellised peas, planted bush beans.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to gt1racer

Premium Member

to gt1racer
My grass has grown to 7 feet high in three days, with all this rain!
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1 to gt1racer

Premium Member

to gt1racer
I just got hit with a microburst unlike anything I've seen before. The rain, hail, and wind that just passed through were incredible...

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah

We had a couple of pretty striking sunny/blue-sky downpours this afternoon, but I didn't notice any thunder, lightning, hail or wind.

You wouldn't think there would so much energy in the atmosphere with this cool weather!

capecoddah
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to XXXXXXXXXXX1

to XXXXXXXXXXX1
said by XXXXXXXXXXX1:

I just got hit with a microburst unlike anything I've seen before. The rain, hail, and wind that just passed through were incredible...

Your Chamber of Commerce sucks.

I took an ocean swim today. Cold? No. Invigorating!