Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to tom thomas

Premium Member

to tom thomas

Re: FCC makes major changes to USF and to VoIP carrier payments

said by tom thomas:

what about outbound only VOIP service? what would be the correct CID?

This will be a problem for VoIP.ms and other providers. Currently it's possible to have a Voip.ms account without any DID.

You can also have a Callcentric account without a DID. On outbound calls the 1777XXXXXXX account number is used as CID, but that number is not a real phone number. Will FCC accept non-real numbers as CID?

This FCC ruling may force providers to require customers purchasing at least one DID.

Also, when a customer have several DIDs, which CID should be used?

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

I don't see outbound-only service as a problem. There are many such services that work off a website. I doubt they will all shut down.
hszeto (banned)
join:2002-06-05

hszeto (banned) to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
Principal of rule, if the rule does not specify for it, there is no rule for it.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

This will be a problem for VoIP.ms and other providers. Currently it's possible to have a Voip.ms account without any DID.

You can also have a Callcentric account without a DID. On outbound calls the 1777XXXXXXX account number is used as CID....

It turns out that if you have a CallCentric outbound service without a DID, the CID displayed is 1-626-771-0198, a trunk number.

AFAIK, if you do the same with Voip.MS, something similar occurs, such as showing a 720 Denver-type trunk number.

Arne, what occurs with Anveo in such cases?

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

It turns out that if you have a CallCentric outbound service without a DID, the CID displayed is 1-626-771-0198, a trunk number.

AFAIK, if you do the same with Voip.MS, something similar occurs, such as showing a 720 Denver-type trunk number.

But those numbers are the same for all customers. Unless I have misunderstood the new FCC rulings, that should not be allowed.
said by PX Eliezer704:

Honestly, I have no idea. I always show my CID for all outbound calls.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

We may come full circle....

The providers may have to transmit a CID, an ANI, and/or a BTN (Billing Telephone Number).

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

We may come full circle....

The providers may have to transmit a CID, an ANI, and/or a BTN (Billing Telephone Number).

Simple solution. All customers must have at least one "normal" Phone Number. I wonder if an iNum number would count as a normal Phone Number.
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

Users can configure a custom CallerID number by following a simple CallerID verification procedure where Anveo makes an automated phone call to the CallerID number (to be verified) and prompts to enter a pin code shown to the user in the web browser.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Ah, thanks for the prompt feedback.

Was curious what shows as default CID if the customer does not select one.

Thanks.
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

Ah, thanks for the prompt feedback.

Thanks.

If a user does not have a CallerID verified and selected then we use CallerID value from SIP device.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

2 edits

Arne Bolen to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

I just tested by calling my Google Voice number from my Gigaset S685IP.

Google Voice says:
Unknown Caller

EDIT: I used *67 in Anveo which is CallerID blocking. As I have DIDs with Anveo I can't test what will happen if a customer has no DID, no CallerID verified and there is no CallerID value from the SIP device.