All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

easyed6
join:2009-05-16

easyed6

Intermittent DSL/No Landline telephone.

Beginning this morning, I've been having intermittent DSL issues, and no land line connection. I have no dial tone. Can not call out nor anyone could ring in. The nature of the intermittent DSL issue is connection going on and off on average every 15 minutes.

I checked everything through extensively. Has conducted two instances of processes of elimination: My filters, modem, wirings, and networking peripherals are all properly connected, and working. The age of the filters is four plus months, like new. I had no issues whatsoever until today at my new location since moving in here at end of May.

Most people on my street have Charter Internet and uses that company for telephone service, and all their communication needs. Maybe they have good reason? The one other person on my street which has AT & T reports no issues with her land line connections.

I tested the NIB (network interface box), and got no dial tone when plugging a phone into this. I am concluding in very strong likelihood that the problem is their issue to fix, probably line running from pole to house.

Many thanks in advance for any input.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

If you have no dialtone at the NID, then the problem is definitely on AT&Ts end.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to easyed6

MVM

to easyed6
For no dial tone, call telephone repair. In California, anyway, they have to roll a truck on it in 48 hours, or less. I had that a couple of years back, and it was a bad splice on a pole about seven houses closer to the SAI box from us.

Automated system will ask if you have DSL. Answer yes, but make certain they understand it is a voice line issue, not a DSL issue.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

I think that 48-hour rule is an FCC reg. Not entirely sure, though.

eidoow823
@myvzw.com

eidoow823 to easyed6

Anon

to easyed6
After using SBC aka ATT for over 20 years, I was told many times that I live in the wrong place, so what do you do, you change phone companies. I now use Verizon Home Connect at $ 20.00 a month, no more wires and a faster service. Uses your home phone, I use a cordless phone and found out I can be over 60 feet from the base station and still get a dial tone and make phone calls.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

I had to get a replacement phone for Verizon Wireless. While at the store, the salesman was pushing this "Home Connect". Alas, I had already changed phone companies; and porting my number away from the new company would kill my new DSL service. What kind of HSI comes with "Home Connect"? I doubt that it would be as good as what I am getting now.

easyed6
join:2009-05-16

easyed6

Re: Intermittent DSL/No Landline telephone: SOLVED

The issue has been solved. There was a splice in the ASI box at end of street, located on other side, three homes away. Telephone and Internet works well as ever.

Many thanks for everyone who took time to respond, and troubleshoot.