spc
uniqs
Donfish
York Pa.
join:2009-07-15
York, PA

Donfish

Re: Long outage in York Pa.

Some places I'm sure are going to have a disaster scenario, we didn't have a ton of snow so we are in the "just a pain in the butt" zone unless a big branch hit your house.

If the snow would have waited 2 weeks and the leaves were gone from the trees it would have been just another weekend toilet paper and bread snow.

I never saw tree limbs so close to the ground, the area around my house looked entirely alien. I had a 12 foot witch hazel bend down to about 2 foot tall and my maple had just the tip sticking up the rest of the branches bent to the ground, it's a young one so they didn't break.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 recommendation

Mike Wolf

this is good practice of the disaster response plans, get all the kinks out early on before the real storms hit in December through March
Donfish
York Pa.
join:2009-07-15
York, PA

Donfish

With Irene, Lee and now this the lads are earning their money for sure.

God Bless them.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

1 recommendation

Mike Wolf

lol we are but I prefer earning my money by offering unparallelled service and performance. You see I'm a Comcast customer too, so I want the most eye exploding HD channels, the most extreme razor sharp video never before seen- something that will make bluray look like a 1930's newsreel, the clearest audio that will make you feel like your right there in the middle of the scene with the actors talking directly into your mind. I want Comcast to be so ahead of the technological curve, they create the curve that others must follow. They redefine the term "trailblazer" and then rename it "Xfinity". Anyway I digress.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Donfish

to Donfish
said by Donfish:

Some places I'm sure are going to have a disaster scenario, we didn't have a ton of snow so we are in the "just a pain in the butt" zone unless a big branch hit your house.

If the snow would have waited 2 weeks and the leaves were gone from the trees it would have been just another weekend toilet paper and bread snow.

I never saw tree limbs so close to the ground, the area around my house looked entirely alien. I had a 12 foot witch hazel bend down to about 2 foot tall and my maple had just the tip sticking up the rest of the branches bent to the ground, it's a young one so they didn't break.

This snow storm reminds me of the 2010 snowmageddon Dallas-Fort Worth Texas got 14" on average across the metroplex from what was a stalled out low pressure that looked like a hurricane and shattered a record for amount of snow in one season and one event. Texas does not get 14" at one time usually.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Yep records shattered here also. Earthquake, hurricane and now a october record breaking snow. What could possibly be next?
Expand your moderator at work

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to rody_44

to rody_44

Re: Long outage in York Pa.

possibly a volcano or river of lava? anyway from what I've been hearing its possible that this could be an early indication of a severe winter, worse then the december 26th 2010 storm, worse then that december 20th 2009 storm even. i'm just glad that no one got hurt by me.

beerbum
Premium Member
join:2000-05-06
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

Yep records shattered here also. Earthquake, hurricane and now a october record breaking snow. What could possibly be next?

a plague of mosquitoes and toads!

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

a month long mother in law visit
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to beerbum

Premium Member

to beerbum
Actually the mosquito plague is allready a problem. All our bats died of some desease so now the mosquitos are a problem. That started last year and became a warning this year. knock on wood my power stayed on but i have a few trees to cut up that fell. God rest my apple tree and oak next to the garage.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

they have an warning for dead bats?