spc
uniqs

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to The Q

to The Q

Re: [DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed

most likely thats something we'll see in maybe 10 years or something, the fact is the powers that be just put a titanic size amount of money into the current gen of boxes, and yes they ARE smart enough to do alot of things but the fact that they dont have microphones built in, the software thats being rollled out isnt that software you've mentioned and everyone in the scientififc atlantic/cisco regions can attest to, it took this long for that software its gonna be a long time before something else major happens, we'll be lucky if they get the mydvr functionality working.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

also the customer centers still give out the old boxes, cable tech, have lot's of old boxes they reuse. IP tv for some channels?

Why just move to MPEG 4 as this IP tv may not work with cable card / all vid / tru2way.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

would love to, i mean the video quality would go through the roof. It depends on what they have in stock at the service centers and warehouse, I've noticed that in my area we've been sending back the old boxes to the manufacturers and getting back the new shiney Cisco boxes. Also I've noticed a vast improvement in overall quality with devices that use the cablecards.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

An AP article today on Xcalibur:

Comcast execs on new TV technology
»news.yahoo.com/call-comc ··· 996.html