All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
kellystars
join:2011-11-01

kellystars to ogfreak

to ogfreak

Re: Frustrating switch from Att to Sonic

Wow, that's pretty bad OP. I just switched a few days ago too.

When I called Sonic and asked them about switching, they told me that after Sonic is set up that I have to call ATT and cancel their DSL.

So for confirmation; When my DSL gets switched to Sonic, it automatically cancels my ATT DSL and I do NOT need to call them right? Definitely don't want ATT to cancel my landline as what happed to OP. Thanks in advance.
av9116
join:2001-12-17
San Francisco, CA

av9116

After you get switched to Sonic....CALL AT&T!! I wouldn't count on anybody "automatically" do something for me, definitely not AT&T. You wanna make sure you're not getting billed for a service you don't want/have.

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA

DaneJasper to kellystars

Premium Member

to kellystars
If you have AT&T/Yahoo DSL and AT&T local voice and AT&T long distance - you should simply get a final bill from them after the change over. (If you don't see one a couple weeks after the switch, call 'em, but don't waste your time prior to that, it's all automatic.)

The only case where you would need to cancel is if you have an alternative to one of these - for example Earthlink DSL on your AT&T line, or Credo long distance.

-Dane

loadmaster
join:2001-01-10
San Jose, CA

loadmaster

If you have DSL from another company and are billed to your credit card I suggest that after they post your final charge that you invalidate the number by removing the chard information or changing the expiration date or security code to make sure they don't continue billing your card. This will protect you but make sure that you do this after your final changes are posted.