spc
uniqs

gdunkle
@direcpc.com

gdunkle to ArizonaSteve

Anon

to ArizonaSteve

Re: Help buying new modem for 1.5 mbps CenturyLink internet

Thanks Steve. What does PPP stand for? How about B/G? How does the Actiontec GT701 compare to the ZyXEL P660M-D1? How can I pay you for the Actiontec GT701 if we go that route?

SlowSlowSlow
@qwest.net

SlowSlowSlow

Anon

If you use the Actiontec GT701 be sure to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve to gdunkle

to gdunkle
The PPP Username and Password is assigned to you by the phone company and is what you have to put into any DSL modem to make it work. If you look at the modem settings page the Qwest Username looks like yourname@qwest.net but the password is shown as all dots (......). It's an 8 digit passwork that looks like a random assortment of letters and numbers. You will have to call, email or text them to find out what they are. This is easier if you already have a rental modem then just check the setting on it and put the same ones into the new modem. There is usually nothing else you need to configure since all the defaults generally work.
I've never used a ZyXEL P660M-D1 and don't know anything about them but all the DSL modems are pretty similar. I can take paypal.