Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

[Lore] Patch 4.3 Dragon Soul Raid Mounts

Click for full size
Heroic Mode Drop

One of the latest PTR builds added 2 mounts to the Dragon Soul loot tables, the Life-Binder's Handmaiden drops from Madness of Deathwing (last encounter of the Dragon Soul raid) in Heroic Mode. People defeating Madness of Deathwing in normal mode will be rewarded with Reins of the Blazing Drake.

given Alexstrasza's history (captivity), I find it odd that they would model a mount after her. Blizz must have just assumed not enough people have read the lore or something... still... I'm bothered by it. (guess I'm officially a geek now?).

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

...what.

...the.

...fuck.

...blizzard.

The0_o
join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o

Nerd rage INC!!!!!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
Click for full size
I still don't like how close this one is...
so glad I'm not alone in this. the normal mode mount isn't as close to the life binder...

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
I look forward to riding Alexstraz- ... wait she doesn't transform into her humanoid form?

Dang.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Immer

to Immer
Looks a little like Marge Simpson's beehive hair...

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Immer

to Immer
I would rather ride her in her humanoid form.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Immer

to Immer
No, this is assinine.

Number one, why is it that Alexstrasza's Handmaidens look very similar to her in dragon form (which was a unique model)?

Number two, why in the fucking fuck would they ever imply that she'd essentially be okay with what would ultimately be slavery with her history?

"BRB M'lady, gotta go take Orcpwnu of Hittt it & Crittt it to Thunderbluff. A thousand pardons M'lady."

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Immer

to Immer
At least I won't feel left out not getting this mount. My favorite mount is still the ICC skeletal one (which I also don't have, I ride too much bicycles)...

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Immer

to Immer
I am still waiting on flying motorcycles.

And what would a panda mount be.....
Expand your moderator at work
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Immer

to Immer

Re: [Lore] Patch 4.3 Dragon Soul Raid Mounts

So will that gold shiny dragon be the Glory of the Dragon Soul raider mount?

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

said by Arsinic:

So will that gold shiny dragon be the Glory of the Dragon Soul raider mount?

no, they are the chance on kill loot; think boss kill mounts, not achievement mounts
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Immer

to Immer
I'm talking about the Golden one that was on MMO Champ a few days ago... Not these ones, I;m awarehow these ones work, with the Life Binder being like the Invincible/Mim's Head I always lost rolls on QQ

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

the chromatic dragon... yes. mmo-champion had a preview of it, but I can't find anywhere where blizz says where it's supposed to drop from. Some internet speculation is that its related to the new collect onemillionty mounts... or MOP. Don't know.

it could also be the new time-lost drake... gotta find it, kill it... and then mount it. (easy there, necros... not that kinda mount)

Maxxh
join:2011-05-17
Boston, MA

Maxxh to Immer

to Immer
I want them to make a human mount that piggy backs me. Maybe Uther Lightbringer or Darion Mograine someone badass.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
said by navymaverick:

Since there's no real faction capitol for Pandaren, there's likely to be no associated reputation that isn't tied to Pandaria itself. Unsure what they'll do about mounts. Since they're wandering the world to experience it, they'll likely be tied to a specific faction race for the purpose of mounts. Will probably depend on where you start after you choose horde or alliance.

Or Blizzard will force you to buy a mount off the store or do without until you can fly

I can't think of anything for a ground mount, although a bamboo kite flying mount would have some appeal.

Oh, here we go, make the racial mount a rickshaw you can carry someone else around in. Although that might be a bit too much.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

Maybe they can roll around like a bowling ball. Sorry 24 hour duty right now, sucks.
Aeo
join:2008-10-10
Tahlequah, OK

Aeo to navymaverick

to navymaverick

Maybe?
said by navymaverick:

Maybe this yak looking animal in this pic
OR
According to Wowpedia
»www.wowpedia.org/Pandare ··· layable)
It looks like a Giant Turtle is a popular option as the Pandaren Mount.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

think i would like that yak thing whatever it is

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by cymraeg:

think i would like that yak thing whatever it is

for srs... I'd farm pandarian rep on all my toons for a yack. my gnome rogue will look funny on a yak, lol.

CpnObvious
join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious to Immer

to Immer
I dunno, I always presumed that the relationship between a PC and a sentient mount would be more akin to that between the Wildhammer and their Gryphons- ie, voluntary partnership vs senior-subordinate relationship, with a significant amount of shared decisionmaking in combat.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

said by CpnObvious:

I dunno, I always presumed that the relationship between a PC and a sentient mount would be more akin to that between the Wildhammer and their Gryphons- ie, voluntary partnership vs senior-subordinate relationship, with a significant amount of shared decisionmaking in combat.

With this in mind, my Yak should be able to trample and charge while I am riding it as well as fly. I demand to have my Yak fly.
Aeo
join:2008-10-10
Tahlequah, OK

Aeo

"I demand to have my Yak fly."

This made me lol at my desk. I hope they forgive me for interrupting business.