how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dallows

join:2001-01-01
united state

Cable Box - HD - Frequent Stuttering and Pixelation

This has been happening a lot. And more now than ever before. I only watch the HD channels on the main TV that has the box (only box in apt) and it does not happen on the straight cable TV in the bedroom.

The worst seems to be Comedy Central HD. Contast stuttering, pixelation and audio stuttering. It's unwatchable.

We had a tech come out and swap the box but he couldn't find anything wrong.

Help? Should I just keep calling Brighthouse?

Thanks.

ferdeenand
Premium
join:2001-08-20
Orlando, FL
kudos:1
I have a very similar problem. I don't really get pixelation, but the channel will freeze then go to a "Channel not available" message telling me to press A to continue. Comedy Central, Science, History, Planet Green, and Cartoon Network seem to be the worse. Sometimes, repeatedly pressing A makes the channel come up, other times there's no hope. I can do a reboot, but the problem just switches to other channels.

I'd love to find out what's causing this and how to fix it. I have a tech coming tomorrow... Let's see if he has any answers for me.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to Dallows
said by Dallows:

This has been happening a lot. And more now than ever before. I only watch the HD channels on the main TV that has the box (only box in apt) and it does not happen on the straight cable TV in the bedroom.

The worst seems to be Comedy Central HD. Contast stuttering, pixelation and audio stuttering. It's unwatchable.

We had a tech come out and swap the box but he couldn't find anything wrong.

Help? Should I just keep calling Brighthouse?

Thanks.

Where are you located (region wise)? Send me a PM when you get a moment please.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to ferdeenand
said by ferdeenand:

I have a very similar problem. I don't really get pixelation, but the channel will freeze then go to a "Channel not available" message telling me to press A to continue. Comedy Central, Science, History, Planet Green, and Cartoon Network seem to be the worse. Sometimes, repeatedly pressing A makes the channel come up, other times there's no hope. I can do a reboot, but the problem just switches to other channels.

I'd love to find out what's causing this and how to fix it. I have a tech coming tomorrow... Let's see if he has any answers for me.

Howdy,

You have a tech scheduled already so let's wait and see what happens post visit. Get back to me if the issue is not resolved.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

ferdeenand
Premium
Orlando, FL
10-4

The one concern I have is that is usually happens at night, so I'm not sure it'll happen while he's here.

Thank you for your help!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by ferdeenand:

10-4

The one concern I have is that is usually happens at night, so I'm not sure it'll happen while he's here.

Thank you for your help!

That's not a problem. Whatever it takes to get it fixed it will be done. Msg me if things don't improve immediately please.
--

ferdeenand
Premium
Orlando, FL
I sent you PM

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Got it and replied back

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL
I have three converter boxes here and on one of them (always the same one), I often get audio stuttering. I need to switch channels back and forth then audio is restored. This happens on different channels with no pattern.

FYI --> Using HDMI link to the VISIO flat panel. I switched boxes with another VISIO panel I have at home and the problem follows the converter. The third box is connected to a SHARP AQUOS panel. This converter is also a DVR.

As it's only on one box, I assume that it's the culprit and I plan to exchange it at my local BHN office here in Melbourne FL.

Do you agree?

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
could be, also could be something wrong with the cable feeding paticular room. Its really a 50/50 toss up without testing the cable first.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Flashfox
said by Flashfox:

I have three converter boxes here and on one of them (always the same one), I often get audio stuttering. I need to switch channels back and forth then audio is restored. This happens on different channels with no pattern.

FYI --> Using HDMI link to the VISIO flat panel. I switched boxes with another VISIO panel I have at home and the problem follows the converter. The third box is connected to a SHARP AQUOS panel. This converter is also a DVR.

As it's only on one box, I assume that it's the culprit and I plan to exchange it at my local BHN office here in Melbourne FL.

Do you agree?

PLEASE no exchanging boxes until a signal issue is ruled out. Please msg me and it will be checked right away first and help ya save a trip to the store.
--

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL
Just a quick follow-up... I went to my local BHN office and swapped the CISCO converter for a Samsung. It's been now over 2 weeks and the new Samsung box hasn't displayed any pixelation or played any stuttering audio. So, as you suspected after your test, the problem was the box

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Dallows