spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM

IPKall omits 1 / +1 (for NANP) Caller ID prefix

Is there a way to make IPKall stop omitting the prefix of "1" (or, better yet, "+1") on the Caller ID of incoming phone calls? Such omission gets really confusing very fast, especially if you are using services from multiple providers and frequently receive international and out-of-state calls.

Anyone from IPKall here?
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

Sorry, I can't help you, other than to confirm that I've observed the same incorrect behavior. However, I can't help but laugh, because I was about to recommend IPKall as a possible workaround for XCOM's complaint about Callcentric adding the 1 »[General] CallCentric Invalid NANP CID

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM

Premium Member

lol @ Stewart

OP: Welcome to my world
At least with my experience with CC there is nothing that the carrier can do.

Good Luck
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to ConstantineM

Premium Member

to ConstantineM
said by ConstantineM:

Is there a way to make IPKall stop omitting the prefix of "1" (or, better yet, "+1") on the Caller ID of incoming phone calls? Such omission gets really confusing very fast, especially if you are using services from multiple providers and frequently receive international and out-of-state calls.

Funny, I was just saying that earlier today!

One solution would be to switch to CallCentric.
said by ConstantineM:

Anyone from IPKall here?

In several years have not seen any evidence (on this forum) that they have any corporeal existence on this earth.

There is a rather different IPKall forum but (although I wish you good luck) I would not count on anything.
»forum.voxilla.com/ipkall ··· t-forum/
tom thomas
join:2010-11-04

tom thomas to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
i wonder if IPKall actually strips away the '+1 or 1' or if there is a specific termination provider that is commonly used for that rate center that is sending the calls without the '+1 or 1'

could this somehow affect whether a call is billed as interstate or intrastate?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to ConstantineM

Premium Member

to ConstantineM
said by ConstantineM:

Is there a way to make IPKall stop omitting the prefix of "1" (or, better yet, "+1") on the Caller ID of incoming phone calls?

I believe this can be circumvented with the use of a PBX System to strip off the leading +1 on an incoming CID.

Such omission gets really confusing very fast, especially if you are using services from multiple providers and frequently receive international and out-of-state calls.

I am not sure if I agree with you on this. I have used so many different VoSPs services from around the world. Some has +44 (UK), etc., and I don't get confused, but rather appreciate such an addition.
dcm
join:2008-09-12
Pennsylvania

dcm to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
I personally like that calls coming from IPKall don't have the "1".

This makes it easy for me to know whether I am paying for the incoming call or not.

IPKall (no "1") = Free
CC DID (has "1") = 1.5cpm

scow
@optonline.net

scow to ConstantineM

Anon

to ConstantineM
my ipkall(area code 425) forwarded to CC and showed on Vtech DS3111-2 is unknown then xxx-xxx-xxxx no prefix 1 ,but on panasonic KXTC1743B is out of state and 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, very funny,and all calls are free of charge since forwarded SIP call not forwarded a number,thanks!
jason_m
join:2010-01-09
Peabody, MA

jason_m to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
My Ipkall did's I've used off and on never appended +1 or 1 to the caller id number.
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM

said by jason_m:

My Ipkall did's I've used off and on never appended +1 or 1 to the caller id number.

I know. It sucks. So, I'm not alone. Welcome to the club. :-p
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to dcm

to dcm
said by dcm:

I personally like that calls coming from IPKall don't have the "1".

This makes it easy for me to know whether I am paying for the incoming call or not.

IPKall (no "1") = Free
CC DID (has "1") = 1.5cpm

+1 This is also how I can tell a call from Voip.ms did vs Voipo did.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

said by OmagicQ:

+1 This is also how I can tell a call from Voip.ms did vs Voipo did.

Funny how we use +1 to indicate our agreement with a disagreement about +1

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Stewart:

Funny how we use +1 to indicate our agreement with a disagreement about +1

+1 to your observation