spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bhermance

join:2011-11-02
Royal Oak, MI

Using Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go software.....

I dont keep my computer on all the time. I shut it down when I am not using it. My problem is that sometimes when I start Windows , the original Broadband2Go software does not detect the USB device because..somehow Windows has taken the 3g usb device as its own connection?!?! So ..when that happens I have to connect using the VPN connection through Windows own network connection. I like using the original software that came with the device! Is there a way to keep Windows from stealing from the original software when I start the computer?? Thanks for your help!!!

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

Sadly I have no fix for you other than to remove the USB device while rebooting, or safe-remove it and reinsert it once windows is up.

I personally don't bother using the Virgin Mobile software unless I need to re-activate it.

While the Virgin Mobile software does show signal strength it is just using the built in windows dial up networking to make the connection anyway... you can get to that connection in Network and Sharing center.

You can also build your own Connection if you want, no username, no password and dial number is:

Good Luck!

bhermance

Royal Oak, MI

oh alright thanks. I'm already am doing what you said , but the last part, that is what WIndows is doing..dialing 777. I did not do anything to make it do that. Thanks again.

bhermance

Royal Oak, MI

This poses another question. What is this #777 number that my ICS is dialing? Is this number some sorta free internet? When I try to get into my Broadband2Go account..it won't let me while I am connected to this 777 number. I am greek about this stuff. Maybe you can give me some history or info about this number and what it is? Thanks again for your reply!

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

#777 is just the access code that Qualcomm uses as the default on cdma equiptment for accessing data services, sprint and verizon keep it default, however I suspect they could make it anything they want.

For example many gsm operators use *99***1# as the access number for the old gsm data service.

Basically it allows the network to know your requesting a data connection instead of a phone network connection.