All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mykeywld
join:2002-01-04
Toronto, ON

mykeywld

Teksavvy cable;works great until it doesn't.

I left Teksavvy today after many years of service. I started several years ago with DSL service that brought me a blazing 1.5 mps due to the distance frm the Bell Trunk. This fall I wanted more speed and was about to go with Rogers but saw that Teksavvy now had cable so I went with them. A Rogers contractor showed up,installed the cable ,saw I had service and left. Shortly there after I started what would become two months of intermittant service. Tech support tried lots of things including replacing my modem. It did not solve the problem so another tech was dispatched and ,luckily,he had a clue. He zeroed in on the poor signal to noise ratio and replaced the cable. Everything was fine until Oct 29/2011 at 3 am or so when service dissappeared. I took small consolation in knowing I was not alone;Teksavvy's tech support said there was a service outage in Toronto. This message remained until Mon the 31st. I was told it was a Rogers problem, I also found out Rogers has a separate network for resellers.On Wed I still had no service so I cancelled and went with Rogers. Because I have cable and phone with Rogers the difference between Teksavvy and Rogers is around 4 dollars. Teksavvy is cheaper but they are at the mercy of Rogers who provideds the network. Their Tech support is couteous but the skill level varies from person to person. They are not compensating me for service lost. Final verdict;you get what you pay for.
RayA
join:2010-10-26
canada

RayA

You know what the problem is for you and others who are in the same mindset, you want everything, you want it now and you expect everything to be absolutely perfect. You know what, life isn't perfect (neither is Rogers) and sometimes you need to live with that fact. I am absolutely certain that you would start complaining about Rogers pretty soon if you haven't already started doing so.
sas
join:2011-01-28

sas to mykeywld

to mykeywld
Appreciate that you have included more facts than just opinion (unlike one of your commentator ). A review with rating will help us all. My internet just slowdown suddenly. I am not even on TS Thanks.
mykeywld
join:2002-01-04
Toronto, ON

mykeywld to RayA

to RayA
I have had no issues with Rogers network in my 21 years using them for TV cable. I am more than satisfied with their telephone service since going with them. I did so because Bell interrupted my service for days and did not credit me as promised. In the same vein after my three months of ineffective tech support at the beginning of my Teksavvy cable experience,I was promised two months free internet by Mr. Phil Rogers.I copy and paste"From the dates I’m seeing here, it looks like your service has been effected since Jan 20th, which works out to about 6 weeks. Although it shouldn’t be a problem whatsoever to tack on an extra couple of weeks as a Thank you for your understanding and patience with us in trying to get this resolved for you." In reviewing my bank statements between March and now,I realize I was not billed for March but billed 73.41 for April. My usual monthly bill is 41.75 including tax.
You are correct in assuming if things go bad with Rogers I will complain . It is my right and duty as a consumer to do so.