Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat to GaPilot

Premium Member

to GaPilot

Re: [Serious] Interstate Toll Lane

Unless you carpool 3 or more people, then free all day! It's supposed to encourage more carpooling.

eatchicken
@xo.net

eatchicken

Anon

I like the toll lanes. Allows me to commute to work faster when I need to, at a minimum expense. You don't have to take the express lane if you don't want to. Not sure why people are so agitated about it.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj

Mod

said by eatchicken :

I like the toll lanes. Allows me to commute to work faster when I need to, at a minimum expense. You don't have to take the express lane if you don't want to. Not sure why people are so agitated about it.

I think one thing people are angry with is that instead of creating an additional lane for the toll lane, they used an existing one, creating even more traffic congestion in the remaining lanes.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez to eatchicken

to eatchicken
said by eatchicken :

People are agitated as the express lanes were built on our wallets years ago due to air quality issues, and possible federal penalties due to excessive emissions, potentially resulting in lost federal road money.

Currently we are constantly bombarded with info on the 'clean air campaign'. Car pool, find people in your neighborhood to car with, it will save you thousands of dollars of dollars in fuel and maintenance.. it's the right thing to do!

(not an actual quote)

"But hey, we understand.. if you need to get to I285 from sugerloaf quick, we got ya covered for a buck twenty five. Tow your boat in your hummer, we don't care, just give us $1.25."

It's what's commonly known as a "lexus lane".. It's a mixed message.. It says we're all about clean air and stuff, but pay us enough, and we can ignore all that.

Also is the issue of adjustable prices due to demand, as the price goes up as the traffic flow increases. If I sold generators and a storm hit, my raising prices due to the circumstance is called 'price gouging', and I get arrested, while the GDOT labels it flow control.

Price control the express lanes, or sell me "clean air", both simply don't work.
This is a sub-selection from [Serious] Interstate Toll Lane