join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Comcast
reply to pnh102

Re: Absolutely

I am taking a shot in the air here but you are either a shill for the industry,or are rich as hell.You say some of the most outrageous anti consumer comments I have ever read here.ISP are making all the money they need and then some without needing more revenue streams.What happened over the years did isp's forget to upgrade any of there network and just put a giant band aids on there network to get by because all the years I have lived in my city which has been for 30 years the only upgrade I have ever seen was the docsis 3.0 upgrade.Oh and one more upgrade I read about this year,our city council forced Comcast to run coax out to a new nursing home that was a 1/4 mile to far and Comcast said no.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
said by Camaro:

I am taking a shot in the air here but you are either a shill for the industry,or are rich as hell. blah blah blah

With all due respect, STFU and re-read my post. Did I say I personally support these policies? If you had bothered to read, you would see that I never said such a thing.

Read before you post.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
reply to Camaro
said by Camaro:

did isp's forget to upgrade any of there network and just put a giant band aids on there network to get by because all the years I have lived in my city which has been for 30 years the only upgrade I have ever seen was the docsis 3.0 upgrade.

Really? So 30 years ago you had DOCSIS 1.1? That's pretty impressive, I would have killed to have broadband in 1981.

BTW, it's "their" in this context.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to pnh102
LOL xp

EDIT: I think people need to remember that it's their network and we all pay for access. If they want to be greedy then don't make deals with them and let them go bankrupt. Until they don't start bleeding customers not a single company will listen because at the end of the day you still pay the bill.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to Camaro
Actually, I think pnh102 See Profile is one of the few obviously rich exec type that's not a shill posting here. He is merely stating the problem and why this will continue to get worse without intervention. That is, the corporations stand to profit greatly on this and not much competition to stop it, so loss of a few "unprofitable" customers is all they stand to lose, in many monopoly and duopoly(where the other guy's policy mirrors the other) markets. Relax, there are enough shills here to pick on. Take that energy and throw it at our paid off regulators, who made things the way they are with franchises(even for unserved areas) and other bs all for the sake of a buck. They are the ones betraying us.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

1 recommendation

said by Selenia:

Actually, I think pnh102 See Profile is one of the few obviously rich exec type that's not a shill posting here.

I wish I *was* a rich type... not an exec, just rich.
said by Selenia:

Take that energy and throw it at our paid off regulators, who made things the way they are with franchises(even for unserved areas) and other bs all for the sake of a buck. They are the ones betraying us.

That's my other big beef against caps. In every state, any product or service that is sold by unit has to have whatever meter or scales used to measure out the quantities regulated, inspected and verified to be accurate.

The classic example I use is a gas station that would get into a lot of trouble if the gas pumps were not certified to actually be pumping what they say they pumped. I see no reason why caps on broadband should not be subject to the same scrutiny.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Rekrul

join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT
reply to michieru
said by michieru:

EDIT: I think people need to remember that it's their network and we all pay for access. If they want to be greedy then don't make deals with them and let them go bankrupt. Until they don't start bleeding customers not a single company will listen because at the end of the day you still pay the bill.

And what do you do when you have no other choice for broadband internet? Go back to dialup?

michieru
Premium
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
The majority of thing's I do can be done in different ways where I don't require a fast connection or I I don't need one altogether. Is it more convenient to use such services? Of course but I am not going to be paying a arm and a leg for services that just make my life easy.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Comcast
reply to Crookshanks
Click for full size
Sorry for my grammar I will try harder next time sir.The 30 year comment was meant to give a idea of how long I have lived in my area so I try to learn everything that goes on in my town,back to comcast and there reinvestment back into there network and caps I feel this is the big issue here.Back I say in 1990-1991 ish there was Continental Cablevision that serviced roughly 50 miles in all directions from my town,they were one of the biggest providers long before comcast was the giant that it is now,anyways right around that time they decided to start buying up the competition in the New England area without laying a damn wire unless they had to and they still bitch about all the regulation so that's why they don't expand out to any remote places,please.

To me they need more regulation because if you see in the pic above that is how I spent last Saturday to Thursday with a industry that has a lot of regulation.

Fronkman
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Premium
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO
reply to michieru
said by michieru:

LOL xp

um no, the US taxpayers have paid for the entire cost of developing and installing cable until the mid-90s. much of the additional research and development of the internet and WWW was done as government sponsored research at CERN, NCSA-UIUC and the NSF.

with the government, these companies would have nothing to sell. sure, they have spent a lot of money installing cable for their own network, but the internet is not THEIR network, it is ours.
--
Everyone should own a Mac! Go Bucks!

michieru
Premium
Miami, FL
Can you please state your sources; not saying your a liar or anything but I want to know more about this and the history on cable because I refuse to read wikipedia as a source.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Comcast
It's not Wikipedia so it's another source if that helps.From what I get after reading the whole page,it seems until that time the government was laying the bulk of cable throughout the country.

"In 1991 the Internet backbone was upgraded to T3 which offers speeds of about 44.74Mbps and the World-Wide Web was released to the public, providing easy access to information from anywhere in the world'.

»www.brighthub.com/computing/hard ··· 996.aspx

DaDawgs
Premium
join:2010-08-02
Deltaville, VA
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..
reply to pnh102
said by pnh102:

That's my other big beef against caps. In every state, any product or service that is sold by unit has to have whatever meter or scales used to measure out the quantities regulated, inspected and verified to be accurate.

The classic example I use is a gas station that would get into a lot of trouble if the gas pumps were not certified to actually be pumping what they say they pumped. I see no reason why caps on broadband should not be subject to the same scrutiny.

There is an interesting point. That is most certainly going to lead to metered billing and taxation by the gub'mit.

You should not have given that secret out in public.
--
Once we IPv6 enable every device on the Internet we will have toasters, baby monitors, and security cameras joining the bot nets which today are populated only by idiots that can not refrain from clicking, "Yes I would like to see those titties..."

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·row44
reply to michieru
said by michieru:

LOL xp

You have it all wrong.
Technically it is the customer's network.
no customers = no network

The problem is the internet is a necessity for alot of people and we have no alternatives as everyone has capped.
I stayed with ATT DSL because they had no caps and recommended them to everyone. Now ATT is a horrible restricted ISP since they have started caps.

In my area I cannot voice my opinion by switching services as everyone is capped.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.