Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to Wilsdom

Premium Member

to Wilsdom

Re: Absolutely

said by Wilsdom:

Most customers ration usage and are unable to cancel their expensive cable TV plans. Others pay double for the same service they had before as "business class" customers, as if they are operating Fortune 500 IT departments in their homes.

don't know how much business class is where you live but the performance tier equivalent on business class where I live costs the same as the residential tier. both are $65/month. yes, if you want more speed it gets very expensive.
thecp
join:2004-07-15
Sacramento, CA

thecp

My friend in Sacramento, calif had to switch over to business class for comcast. In order to get the same pricing as when he had residential he had to sign for a 5 year contract. I'd rather stick a knife in my gut than be locked in for that long.

Uald
@comcast.net

Uald

Anon

said by thecp:

My friend in Sacramento, calif had to switch over to business class for comcast. In order to get the same pricing as when he had residential he had to sign for a 5 year contract. I'd rather stick a knife in my gut than be locked in for that long.

That's to waive installation costs. If you're willing to pay the high one time installation you can get business class without a contract. In my area it was $250 to get 'installation' (the cables were already there so basically the guy said, 'Here's a business cable modem') but it was contract free. If you're ok with the lowest tier it isn't that much more than residential. (now if you want higher speeds you really pay for it at 50Mbps/$189 and 100Mbps/$389 a month)

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to thecp

Premium Member

to thecp
said by thecp:

I had no idea that they would do contracts that long. quite a bit can change in 5 years.