reply to mogamer
said by mogamer:It's possible, but in my experience running my own WISP, it's more like 10% use 90% of the bandwidth. But if you set caps that affect 10% you'll have a lot more unhappy customers, so by setting it where they figure only 2% will be affected, they are only reigning in the very highest users.
So only 2% of customers are affected by caps. Can such a small amount of customers really affect the performance of the other 98%?
This whole 2% vs 98% sounds a lot like the "occupy" protests going on now.