spc
uniqs

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to ravenchilde

to ravenchilde

Re: [ALL] Gateway First Impressions

Well since that time that it occurred it hasn't done it again. However, I noticed one key critical issue that occurs is that without a reboot of the gateway weekly, the clock on the gateway gets out of sync by unto 3 minutes thus impacting PVR Recording of a entire show or movie b missing unto the first 3 minutes of the show. I have circumvented this by setting the recording to record at least a minute early and end at least a minute later. I wish I knew where we could report this issue to the software developers directly, perhaps shawsean can tell us how to get our bugs directly to the guys maintaining the software for the gateway. I would think he gateway should check and adjust its clock daily.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

*wonders*

How does the system get out of time, when the time is a constant signal in the cable line.

Do you by chance have your Gateway connected to an Online-UPS system (One that doesn't switch when the power goes out, it constantly runs on battery power, and a battery charger).

One of the buildings I used to work at, the building's power was 58Hz not 60, and the plug-in clocks would need to be adjusted frequently. But not by minutes every week.

With your CSI infomation, when it is actually recording, does the info say CSI Miami, or CSI NY? Curious if the guide info is wrong, or the Gateway is doing it? That is an interesting issue, I guess they both are.