spc
uniqs
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to ISurfTooMuch

to ISurfTooMuch

Re: When did Karl first explain this?

Do you recall the purchase price of your company? I'm just kind of curious how much Earthlink paid, relative to their revenues back then.

We do small deals pretty quickly, but take a long time with the bigger ones. We're pretty conservative and are very thorough with our due diligence. I know that many other companies aren't. And in the go-go days, a lot of those companies closed deals quickly to just get them done without much diligence at all.
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

I don't recall, but I'll do some checking when I'm at my computer. I remember that CNET covered it, so I'm sure the info is out there.

But here's a fun fact. The guy who originally started the ISP that he sold to OneMain started a new ISP/telecom company right after we were shut down. Since he was the owner of the building, he just started it in an area not leased to Earthlink. He then hired back about a quarter of the employees (I even worked there for a while until I moved), grabbed a bunch of EarthLink's former local customers, and, as far as I know, the company is still there.

Now THAT'S the guy who made out like a bandit.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

lol. Earthlink were idiots then. All our purchase agreements have non-compete and non-solicitation clauses.