All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Beware u
join:2009-12-26

Beware u

EarthLink RATES

I switched to EL 1-1-2011 and was billed for 6 months at $29.95 a month... then for July/Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov they billed and charged me $50 a month (without a breakdown of the charges or service).
I did not become aware of it until this month because I am on auto pay, and did not bother looking at the charges until now.
So yesterday I contacted EL to see what is going on... and was told something like this: it is for me and the Cable Co to sort it out.

I don't remember receiving any document from EL stating what the rates will be after 6 months... but their Promo on their web site said $41.95, after 6 months at $29.95.
Is there anybody having the same problem?
Now,I don't know if switching to EL was a good idea after all!

Mark910
Premium Member
join:2002-04-21
Dayton, OH

Mark910

Premium Member

Who is your local cable provider? If it is Comcast , I think they have a different rate schedule. I have TW so my service is normally 41.95@mo.
earthlink_Ga
join:2010-06-25

earthlink_Ga to Beware u

to Beware u
Beware,

I am the Product Manager for Cable for EarthLink and if you would like me to look into the issue further, you can email me at vaughang@corp.earthlink.com. It is true that the billing relationship for EarthLink Cable service is between you and the cable partner, but I can look into your specific situation further if you would like. Please email me your account details and I would be happy to look into the situation for you.

DFC
join:2011-11-08
Staten Island, NY

DFC to Beware u

to Beware u
I moved my Earthlink service from dial-up to TW Cable back in July. The promo is first six months at $29.95/month, after that $41.95/month, billed through TW cable.

On my next TWC bill there was an error in the Earthlink billing. I was being incorrectly charged $45.29/month. I called TWC and by the next bill the charge was corrected, with a credit for the excess amount. The TWC person was very helpful, and based in the USA.

The only problem I have is with the vague arrangement between Earthlink and TWC. After reading some of the posts here I'm wondering what will happen once my 6 month promo period is up. Will a higher rate be sprung on me due to the lack of documentaion regarding Earthlink/TWC rates? Even my 'welcome to high speed' letter from Earthlink made no mention of rates.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

After 6 months with Earthlink, switch back to Roadrunner as a new customer and get their promo rate for a year.

NYC
@rr.com

NYC

Anon

Quick question regarding jumping to Earthlink from Road Runner. When I joined Road Runner I had that returnable $25 fee for the cable modem. Do you have to return the cable modem every time you change providers?
Night0wl
join:2011-06-23

Night0wl

No, the same modem is used if switching to standard Road Runner and/or Turbo. If a customer switches to RR from Earthlink for wireless service or wideband, a different modem is then required.