All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Inflation or greedOnly TV? »
This is a sub-selection from You know...

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Bill Neilson

Re: You know...

said by Bill Neilson:

said by Boricua:

wouldn't it be nice if many people decided to cancel their cable/FiOS/U-Verse subscription? If enough people did so, maybe then these providers will get the message that raising prices is not the way to go. Alas, for many this would be near impossible .

Many would need some sort of internet for work or family or something else. It is how I pay bills and talk to family, etc....and in many areas, people dont actually have legitimate companies competing with the main rival

If you need the internet for such things as paying bills and talking to family, that is about as lame as lame can get!!

Try doing it the old fashioned way, like mailing your bill in (might save the post office and it's workers) or using the phone (landline) to talk to family. Most everyone has a cell phone now a days, so that's even another way of talking to family. Better yet, get off the computer and go outside and drive over to the family (provided they're local). Might could even REDUCE the plan you're on with the internet and lower your bill that way.

Overall,
I think it really blows that cable companies are among the leaders of the nickel and dime you to death club though.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

said by cork1958:

If you need the internet for such things as paying bills and talking to family, that is about as lame as lame can get!!

Let me see if I understand this....you are trying to dictate how people should communicate (and thus what is 'lame') by how you communicate with your family?

Do you understand how absolutely idiotic and pathetic that sounds?

Heated Man

join:2009-06-18
Cleveland, OH
reply to cork1958

This is simple. If you want it you buy it? If you don't want it you don't. I don't see what the issue is here.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to cork1958

I can't tell. Is that a Model-T in your avatar? I'm guessing it is based on your antiquated tone of your post.