how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GoodBye

@clearwire-wmx.net
reply to southdrexel

Re: Received Disconnection Letter

It is the 4G Home account via the 4G Desktop Modem.

I did receive a letter last month. I called and asked if they could detail the infraction and they said there had been torrent/emule activity.

I have d/l torrents but not that much and I would not leave them running non stop. After the letter the torrent use dropped to almost nil. I made sure no one in the house was using emule.

Didn't think anything about it until I received a letter this week stating I would be disconnected on the 7th. I will not have to pay an ETF (per the letter).

I called them back when the last letter arrived and they said once the letter is sent, nothing can be done. They mentioned the torrent/emule thing again and said it is in the TOS. (There is no mention of emule or torrents but there is mention of unattended downloading.) Not sure how they know I'm not watching it...

My usage is very heavy. Eveything I have is connected, DirecTV receivers, 4 iphones, 4 computers with each streaming videos, netflix, gaming, etc.

They started including data usage in my bills in September but it is obvious that did not include the whole month (August). I've puled ~250gb per month that last couple of months. That is heavier than usual but I think my normal usage is around 175gb or so.

The CSR said they did not have an issue with the amount of data I'm pulling but that I was using bittorrent or emule. I asked does that mean 0 bittorrent and she said yes.

Anyone know how long someone is banned when their account is terminated like this?

Thanks.

southdrexel

@sbcglobal.net
Wow. It seems to me that Sprint has discovered a convenient way to cut off heavy users from their network. Since they advertise their 4G plans as unlimited, it would look bad if they cut off those services on heavy usage alone. So they choose to blame p2p usage, when in fact they simply have a problem with heavy data usage, regardless of how much traffic actually comes from using bittorrent, emule, etc.

Have you considered Clearwire instead? I'm sure they use the same network as Sprint's wimax, so theoretically you should get the same speed. (they too have a pretty bad reputation, though).

Dexter1992

join:2010-07-16
Winona, MN
I don't get Sprint, they either give you 5GB/10GB limits, or they give you unlimited. They keep switching back and forth. If Sprint gave a 50GB cap, then that would be perfect.

I have a 50GB plan, I watch a lot of youtube, download updates, and other videos, play online games. I never get close to the 50gb limit.