uniqs

um not
@videotron.ca

um not to VPNgeek

Anon

to VPNgeek

Re: Anyone using Unblock-us?

said by VPNgeek:

I wouldn't recommend Unblock-Us. I personally use HideMyAss. I find it much faster and more reliable.

Reliable? In what way? HideMyAss was the one who gave away their users to the cops in the UK.

Why would anyone use them?

Jeffer71
join:2008-09-13
Carrying Place, ON

Jeffer71

said by um not :

said by VPNgeek:

I wouldn't recommend Unblock-Us. I personally use HideMyAss. I find it much faster and more reliable.

Reliable? In what way? HideMyAss was the one who gave away their users to the cops in the UK.

They are now known throughout the whole Vpn community as rats because of that fiasco.

Here's a nice little write up on why you should NOT use Hidemyass and also why you should be very careful with choosing just any old Vpn service.

»falkvinge.net/2011/09/27 ··· bitcoin/
the cerberus
join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

the cerberus

said by Jeffer71:

said by um not :

said by VPNgeek:

They are now known throughout the whole Vpn community as rats because of that fiasco.

Here's a nice little write up on why you should NOT use Hidemyass and also why you should be very careful with choosing just any old Vpn service.

»falkvinge.net/2011/09/27 ··· bitcoin/

Not much of a fiasco, they gave out billing details as it states they will within 30 days in the fine print, if asked by law enforcement. The hacker could have used a prepaid card and the chain vpn method if he really wanted to hide.
Copyright issues are never going to be investigated that fast. You arent going to have law enforcement on your ass for using american netflix...... no one is coming after you for that, and if they were, it would take them months to get a court order to get the details, at which time they have erased all logs (as they only keep them for 30 days).
Hiding because you are hacking vs a bit of copyright infringement are very different things.
VPNgeek
join:2011-10-17

VPNgeek to um not

to um not
said by Roofer:

The difficult part is how do you pay Netflix? vudu is easy, as long as you have a legitimate credit card, it doesn't care what country it was issued from.

It should be the same thing with Netflix. I am using an European credit card for my Netflix account, at it works perfectly.
Bujanx2
join:2009-10-08
Ottawa, ON

Bujanx2

I just tried to sign up for US Netflix account using my Canadian credit card... no dice... it keeps asking for my ZIP CODE, which I cant provide because i don't have one .. when I enter my canadian postal code associated with my credit card it fails.

NoAhBoDy99
@shawcable.net

NoAhBoDy99

Anon

said by Bujanx2:

I just tried to sign up for US Netflix account using my Canadian credit card... no dice... it keeps asking for my ZIP CODE, which I cant provide because i don't have one .. when I enter my canadian postal code associated with my credit card it fails.

You can use your Canadian Netflix account on the US site and see the US content. They used to block us but that has since been changed. When you connect to Netflix with a US IP on a Canadian account, it tells you you might see different content.
Roofer
join:2010-11-24

Roofer

said by Bujanx2:

Use the numbers from your postal code, and add zeros to make it an American zip code. For example, if your postal code is B3T-2K9, then you can use 329 in combination with zeros, such as 32900, 30290, etc. Keep trying until you find one that works.
said by NoAhBoDy99 :

You can use your Canadian Netflix account on the US site and see the US content. They used to block us but that has since been changed. When you connect to Netflix with a US IP on a Canadian account, it tells you you might see different content.

One of the advantages of using an American Netflix account is that you have access to the intelligent recommendation feature. I don't believe that is available with the Canadian account. It has suggested a lot of good shows that I ended up enjoying, which I wouldn't have otherwise knew about.
Bujanx2
join:2009-10-08
Ottawa, ON

Bujanx2 to NoAhBoDy99

to NoAhBoDy99

I did the free trial of unblock us setu it up... it did not release new content on netflix but blocked Content that was available on my canadian netflix account... no new movies .. just restrictions because i appeared to be out of canada.