how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Roofer

join:2010-11-24
reply to SpongeGuard

unblock-us works, but how do you pay?

unblock-us works perfectly for American Netflix, hulu, hulu plus, & vudu. Never had any problems. We used to go through another proxy server, but I rather pay $5 a month and have someone else keep on top of things.

The difficult part is how do you pay Netflix? vudu is easy, as long as you have a legitimate credit card, it doesn't care what country it was issued from.

Netflix is different. Up till now, it was easy because I have family in Detroit, so they just put it on their credit card, and I send them a check once a year. Unfortunately because of a family fall out, I no longer feel comfortable imposing on them.

I have confirmed that gift credit cards don't work, even if you register them for on-line use. Paypal also doesn't work (I suspect that it passes the info to Netflix that the credit card is not American).

I am thinking of creating a new American Netflix account (which no longer asks you for your physical address), and try using my regular credit card with the append zero work-around.

My last resort is just to sign up for a Canadian Netflix account, which will allow me to access the American site using unblock-us, but the problem is it may stop working in the future. I rather have an American account.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

Just try signing up as usual with your Canadian credit card, it should be working now since they made a bunch of changes in the signup. Myself I signed up months ago with no issues on my Canadian Amex.

Roofer

join:2010-11-24

said by mlerner:

Just try signing up as usual with your Canadian credit card, it should be working now since they made a bunch of changes in the signup. Myself I signed up months ago with no issues on my Canadian Amex.

Thanks. Is this the American site?

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

said by Roofer:

said by mlerner:

Thanks. Is this the American site?

Yes.