how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2

[Internet] Hosting Speedtest's On Speedtest.net and pingtest.net

Will Bright House Networks ever host Speed test and Ping test server's on speedtest.net and pingtest.net. For all of BHN's Market's. ?

That would be So Helpful and convenient for All Bright House Networks Customers to go to one Web site, that would be accurately Measuring and is Officially Hosting BHN's Dedicated Server bandwidth to It's Entire Customer Base.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:141

1 edit

Re: [Internet] Hosting Speedtest's On Speedtest.net and pingtest

said by bigdaddy:

Will Bright House Networks ever host Speed test and Ping test server's on speedtest.net and pingtest.net. For all of BHN's Market's. ?

That would be So Helpful and convenient for All Bright House Networks Customers to go to one Web site, that would be accurately Measuring and is Officially Hosting BHN's Dedicated Server bandwidth to It's Entire Customer Base.

We have provided a testing site for each region for our customers to test their speeds. If you need me to provide you with links to each region let me know.

As for relying on third parties to provide the routing to specific tests I'll pass on your suggestion however that probably isn't going to be an option for a multitude of reasons all of which I have discussed here in the past.

For what it's worth if you test from the Tampa area the default test on STN is the BHN server, simply hover over the diamond and you will see it listed. That said... for benchmarking and diagnostic purposes here I will be directing you to the specific server in your region only and not through STN. I need to make sure you actually hit the proper server otherwise there is the potential that you test on a non-BHN server which would make the results worthless for on-net benchmarking.

BD you have followed me long enough to know how we start the benchmarking process right? Always on-net first and then work outward.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

MrxBurrito

join:2010-01-16
Davenport, FL
reply to bigdaddy

Brighthouse hosts a speedtest on »speedtest.net out of Tampa.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by MrxBurrito:

Brighthouse hosts a speedtest on »speedtest.net out of Tampa.

Look up...

MrxBurrito

Davenport, FL

Wait wait... did you just edited ? LOL that wasn't there when I posted.... Or was it? Oh no.. It's going to be a long night for me at work....

Edit:
PS. Any news on my question from earlier?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by MrxBurrito:

Wait wait... did you just edited ? LOL that wasn't there when I posted.... Or was it? Oh no.. It's going to be a long night for me at work....

Yea buddy I was in the middle of editing when you posted...thought for a second...do I go back and edit again or just leave it...I opted to leave it because I want to get to bed now vs 10 min from now....enjoy work I'll count some sheep for ya
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MrxBurrito

said by MrxBurrito:

Edit:
PS. Any news on my question from earlier?

No sir and it will be at least well into tomorrow before I have any answer back. Online there are no docs or specs for that modem for some reason so I need to contact another group and see if they have the .pdf I can share with you.
--

MrxBurrito

Davenport, FL

Very good.. Thanks for the help... Good night.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by MrxBurrito:

Very good.. Thanks for the help... Good night.

Anytime