join:2008-09-13
Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to um not

Re: Anyone using Unblock-us?

said by um not :

said by VPNgeek:

I wouldn't recommend Unblock-Us. I personally use HideMyAss. I find it much faster and more reliable.

Reliable? In what way? HideMyAss was the one who gave away their users to the cops in the UK.

Why would anyone use them?

They are now known throughout the whole Vpn community as rats because of that fiasco.

Here's a nice little write up on why you should NOT use Hidemyass and also why you should be very careful with choosing just any old Vpn service.

»falkvinge.net/2011/09/27/never-t···bitcoin/

the cerberus

join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

said by Jeffer71:

said by um not :

said by VPNgeek:

I wouldn't recommend Unblock-Us. I personally use HideMyAss. I find it much faster and more reliable.

Reliable? In what way? HideMyAss was the one who gave away their users to the cops in the UK.

Why would anyone use them?

They are now known throughout the whole Vpn community as rats because of that fiasco.

Here's a nice little write up on why you should NOT use Hidemyass and also why you should be very careful with choosing just any old Vpn service.

»falkvinge.net/2011/09/27/never-t···bitcoin/

Not much of a fiasco, they gave out billing details as it states they will within 30 days in the fine print, if asked by law enforcement. The hacker could have used a prepaid card and the chain vpn method if he really wanted to hide.
Copyright issues are never going to be investigated that fast. You arent going to have law enforcement on your ass for using american netflix...... no one is coming after you for that, and if they were, it would take them months to get a court order to get the details, at which time they have erased all logs (as they only keep them for 30 days).
Hiding because you are hacking vs a bit of copyright infringement are very different things.