Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to Onedollar

Re: [HD] Cinemax coming to Ultimate Package

I give Verizon kudos for this...but I still feel like they're only meeting us halfway considering NY still gets all the movie channels...

Come on Verizon...enough with NY getting exclusive value in this recession - make Ultimate HD more worthwhile!

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to bohratom

I think it is something like $16.99 for just hBO and $24.99 for both

Zero

Collegeville, PA
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

Cinemax VOD will be added once all the VHO's get the channels added into the Ultimate package.

When will IFC and Sundance VOD be added to their appropriate packages? IFC VOD still isn't available to Extreme HD or Ultimate HD since it moved, and Sundance VOD isn't available to Ultimate HD either yet it appears to now be included in Ultimate HD ever since IFC's move.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to nycdave

Hey nycdave,

So what if you already pay for Cinemax? Will your bill be lowered when this gets rolled out to your VHO? I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Package from the 2009 Extreme and believe I had to pay extra for Cinemax and HBO and even more for Starz, as I was not able to keep my Movies package for $30. Can you say how this change will impact users like me?

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to Onedollar

Is VZ just adding Cinemax to the movie completer pack ?

Zero

Collegeville, PA

No, Cinemax is being added to the base package of Ultimate HD which won't cost anything extra like add-ons do. Just like how Showtime and EPIX are included into it.

PittsPgh
Premium
join:2003-08-21
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to Onedollar

Just checked the CineMax channels here in Pittsburgh,Pa. I have them!!!!
No MAX VOD though

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

said by PittsPgh:

Just checked the CineMax channels here in Pittsburgh,Pa. I have them!!!!
No MAX VOD though

Somewhere in the thread, nycdave (I think) stated that VOD won't be added until the channels have been added to all VHOs.

JOBIN

@verizon.net

Whn i look at changing my package to one of the newer on here on Long island it says that CinaMax and HBO are not in that package only Starz econor and showtime

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DGGSLF

said by DGGSLF:

Hey nycdave,

So what if you already pay for Cinemax? Will your bill be lowered when this gets rolled out to your VHO? I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Package from the 2009 Extreme and believe I had to pay extra for Cinemax and HBO and even more for Starz, as I was not able to keep my Movies package for $30. Can you say how this change will impact users like me?

If you already have Ultimate and pay extra for Cinemax, you will get a credit going forward - since Cinemax will be in the Ultimate package.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE
reply to Onedollar

hasn't shown up in vho 8 yet - I have the Ultimate package

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to Zero

said by Zero:

Come on Verizon...enough with NY getting exclusive value in this recession - make Ultimate HD more worthwhile!

that's the only reason I went with the Ultimate HD package when I signed up with FiOS in September...it seemed like an amazing deal as all the premium channels were included (HBO, Starz, Cinemax etc), plus NFL RedZone and ESPN 3D...the Extreme HD package was only a few bucks cheaper so it made no sense not to get the Ultimate pack

why does NY get the best deals?...more competition in this area?

Kingscup

join:2006-03-01

said by TitusTroy:

Yes

Zero

Collegeville, PA
reply to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy:

Yeah, Verizon claims that Cablevision gives them the most amount of competition compared to other cable providers. I got the impression from Verizon that Cablevision is the only provider willing to undercut their own services just to win over FiOS subscribers - something that the other cable co's won't do.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Cablevision's footprint extends into parts of Central NJ but apparently VZ doesn't think THOSE potential subscribers deserve the same consideration as their slightly more northern counterparts.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

1 edit
reply to Zero

said by Zero:

Yeah, Verizon claims that Cablevision gives them the most amount of competition compared to other cable providers. I got the impression from Verizon that Cablevision is the only provider willing to undercut their own services just to win over FiOS subscribers - something that the other cable co's won't do.

Cablevision is not even available in most (or all?) of Manhattan yet we still get the best FiOS deals because of it?...I have Time Warner and RCN available in my area

KimS

@verizon.net
reply to Zero

said by Zero See Profile

When will IFC and Sundance VOD be added to their appropriate packages? IFC VOD still isn't available to Extreme HD or Ultimate HD since it moved, and Sundance VOD isn't available to Ultimate HD either yet it appears to now be included in Ultimate HD ever since IFC's move.
[/BQUOTE :

I have Extreme and IFC and Sundance are both included (the VODs as well). It's part of a movie package that I believe Verizon may have eliminated for new subs. The package deal is the only reason I haven't dropped Starz and Max (crappy, cropped-movie channels). Dropping them would end up costing me more, since they'd no longer be part of a package deal.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy:

Cablevision is not even available in most (or all?) of Manhattan yet we still get the best FiOS deals because of it?...I have Time Warner and RCN available in my area

You bring out a corollary to what I said above. People like you, who couldn't even order Cablevision services if you wanted to, still get the benefit of the "special" pricing. The same is true all over Northern NJ in the many towns where Comcast (or in a few cases, Time Warner) is the only cable-based alternative to FiOS. That's absolutely great for you guys but it's not exactly fair (especially to folks in Central Jersey Cablevision areas like Hamilton and Robbinsville) nor does it make sense with regard to the "fiercer competition from CV" theory.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

Still no CMAX channels in Ultimate @ VH06 Massachusetts.

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

said by DGGSLF:

Hey nycdave,

If you already have Ultimate and pay extra for Cinemax, you will get a credit going forward - since Cinemax will be in the Ultimate package.

Any idea how much credit? and when will this start?

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

Not sure of the credit amount. It will start once your VHO gets the new package codes - in the next few weeks.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6

From what i could tell. It was something like hbo + cinemax was 26 bucks. Will now become like 17 for just hbo... So 8 buck discount? Fuzzy math but should be within the ballpark

celticpride

@verizon.net

Boy do i always have the worse timing!!, One reason i left directv was because i couldnt get the east coast networks NBC,ABC FOX,and CBS in HD here in so cal. even though i could get the east coast SD versions of those channels. A month after i left directv added the HD version of the networks!, now last month i switched to extreme pack from ultimate pack with verizon because they only had showtime and TMC in the utimate pack,so what happens now they add cine max to ultimate ,guess i'll switch back to ultimate! AARGH!

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by celticpridenow last month i switched to extreme pack from ultimate pack with verizon because they only had showtime and TMC in the utimate pack,so what happens now they add cine max to ultimate ,guess i'll switch back to ultimate! AARGH!

You can add any premium channel to any package a la carte. No need to order a specific package.

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA
reply to Onedollar

Cinemax available this morning in Massachusetts as part of Ultimate package!

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
reply to Onedollar

This is a good incentive to finally upgrade.....Plus isn't SHO already included with Ultimate too?

I have SHO/TMC/Stars/Encore movies pack for $16/mo with the old 2009 Extreme (I think that's what is was called, it's been so long) before there even was an Ultimate.

But I can just cancel that pack, and if Ultimate includes SHO and MAX then that is plenty.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

Yep, Sho/TMC/Starz/Encore already included in Ultimate, as is EPIX. Essentially HBO will be the only premium movie channels not included.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

You guys all realize that this is really just Verizon finally putting a package together that Comcast has offered for a long time. (Except for their love children in NYC that have had this forever).

Their top package includes ALL premiums - you don't have to add anything like we currently have to with HBO/Cinemax or Starz.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

julesism

join:2001-12-12
Lewisville, TX
reply to Onedollar

I'm on Ultimate and CMAX is not "lit up" in VHO1 yet.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
reply to JeepMatt

It is nice they are doing that for all VHOs, as Cox here doesn't have a package that includes everything.