Re: [HD] Cinemax coming to Ultimate Package

hasn't shown up in vho 8 yet - I have the Ultimate package

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to Zero5

to Zero5
said by Zero5:

Come on Verizon...enough with NY getting exclusive value in this recession - make Ultimate HD more worthwhile!

that's the only reason I went with the Ultimate HD package when I signed up with FiOS in September...it seemed like an amazing deal as all the premium channels were included (HBO, Starz, Cinemax etc), plus NFL RedZone and ESPN 3D...the Extreme HD package was only a few bucks cheaper so it made no sense not to get the Ultimate pack

why does NY get the best deals?...more competition in this area?

Kingscup
join:2006-03-01

Kingscup

said by TitusTroy:

Yes

Zero5
join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

Zero5 to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

Yeah, Verizon claims that Cablevision gives them the most amount of competition compared to other cable providers. I got the impression from Verizon that Cablevision is the only provider willing to undercut their own services just to win over FiOS subscribers - something that the other cable co's won't do.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

Cablevision's footprint extends into parts of Central NJ but apparently VZ doesn't think THOSE potential subscribers deserve the same consideration as their slightly more northern counterparts.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

1 edit

TitusTroy to Zero5

to Zero5
said by Zero5:

Yeah, Verizon claims that Cablevision gives them the most amount of competition compared to other cable providers. I got the impression from Verizon that Cablevision is the only provider willing to undercut their own services just to win over FiOS subscribers - something that the other cable co's won't do.

Cablevision is not even available in most (or all?) of Manhattan yet we still get the best FiOS deals because of it?...I have Time Warner and RCN available in my area

KimS
@verizon.net

KimS to Zero5

Anon

to Zero5
said by Zero5 See Profile

When will IFC and Sundance VOD be added to their appropriate packages? IFC VOD still isn't available to Extreme HD or Ultimate HD since it moved, and Sundance VOD isn't available to Ultimate HD either yet it appears to now be included in Ultimate HD ever since IFC's move.
[/BQUOTE :

I have Extreme and IFC and Sundance are both included (the VODs as well). It's part of a movie package that I believe Verizon may have eliminated for new subs. The package deal is the only reason I haven't dropped Starz and Max (crappy, cropped-movie channels). Dropping them would end up costing me more, since they'd no longer be part of a package deal.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to TitusTroy

Premium Member

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

Cablevision is not even available in most (or all?) of Manhattan yet we still get the best FiOS deals because of it?...I have Time Warner and RCN available in my area

You bring out a corollary to what I said above. People like you, who couldn't even order Cablevision services if you wanted to, still get the benefit of the "special" pricing. The same is true all over Northern NJ in the many towns where Comcast (or in a few cases, Time Warner) is the only cable-based alternative to FiOS. That's absolutely great for you guys but it's not exactly fair (especially to folks in Central Jersey Cablevision areas like Hamilton and Robbinsville) nor does it make sense with regard to the "fiercer competition from CV" theory.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

Still no CMAX channels in Ultimate @ VH06 Massachusetts.

JayMan 007
join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

JayMan 007 to nycdave

to nycdave
said by nycdave:

said by DGGSLF:

Hey nycdave,

So what if you already pay for Cinemax? Will your bill be lowered when this gets rolled out to your VHO? I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Package from the 2009 Extreme and believe I had to pay extra for Cinemax and HBO and even more for Starz, as I was not able to keep my Movies package for $30. Can you say how this change will impact users like me?

If you already have Ultimate and pay extra for Cinemax, you will get a credit going forward - since Cinemax will be in the Ultimate package.

Any idea how much credit? and when will this start?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Not sure of the credit amount. It will start once your VHO gets the new package codes - in the next few weeks.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

From what i could tell. It was something like hbo + cinemax was 26 bucks. Will now become like 17 for just hbo... So 8 buck discount? Fuzzy math but should be within the ballpark

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

Boy do i always have the worse timing!!, One reason i left directv was because i couldnt get the east coast networks NBC,ABC FOX,and CBS in HD here in so cal. even though i could get the east coast SD versions of those channels. A month after i left directv added the HD version of the networks!, now last month i switched to extreme pack from ultimate pack with verizon because they only had showtime and TMC in the utimate pack,so what happens now they add cine max to ultimate ,guess i'll switch back to ultimate! AARGH!
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by celticpridenow last month i switched to extreme pack from ultimate pack with verizon because they only had showtime and TMC in the utimate pack,so what happens now they add cine max to ultimate ,guess i'll switch back to ultimate! AARGH!

You can add any premium channel to any package a la carte. No need to order a specific package.
ohernan
join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA

ohernan to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Cinemax available this morning in Massachusetts as part of Ultimate package!

Vamp9190
Premium Member
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA

Vamp9190 to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
This is a good incentive to finally upgrade.....Plus isn't SHO already included with Ultimate too?

I have SHO/TMC/Stars/Encore movies pack for $16/mo with the old 2009 Extreme (I think that's what is was called, it's been so long) before there even was an Ultimate.

But I can just cancel that pack, and if Ultimate includes SHO and MAX then that is plenty.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Yep, Sho/TMC/Starz/Encore already included in Ultimate, as is EPIX. Essentially HBO will be the only premium movie channels not included.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

You guys all realize that this is really just Verizon finally putting a package together that Comcast has offered for a long time. (Except for their love children in NYC that have had this forever).

Their top package includes ALL premiums - you don't have to add anything like we currently have to with HBO/Cinemax or Starz.

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR

julesism to Onedollar

to Onedollar
I'm on Ultimate and CMAX is not "lit up" in VHO1 yet.
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
It is nice they are doing that for all VHOs, as Cox here doesn't have a package that includes everything.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

All VHOs to be completed by next week
philsrock
join:2011-07-22
Wilmington, DE

philsrock to kes601

to kes601
said by kes601:

Yep, Sho/TMC/Starz/Encore already included in Ultimate, as is EPIX. Essentially HBO will be the only premium movie channels not included.

Starz and Encore are NOT included in Ultimate (at least I don't get them in VHO8)
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Hmm, actually, now that you mention it I think maybe I do pay for Starz/Encore and then I am getting a credit back on my bill for them.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to Onedollar

to Onedollar
My idea would have Epix as part of Prime,Epix,Showtime/TMC and Encore as part of Extreme withj the entire shooting match (HBO/Cinemax/Starz) as part of Ultimate

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to philsrock

Premium Member

to philsrock
said by philsrock:

said by kes601:

Starz and Encore are NOT included in Ultimate (at least I don't get them in VHO8)

Correct. They are available as a movie pkg "add-on" for $ 9.99 or so.. at least her in ma.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to chitchatjf

to chitchatjf
said by chitchatjf:

My idea would have Epix as part of Prime,Epix,Showtime/TMC and Encore as part of Extreme

A couple years ago showtime and encore were included with extremehd. It was only the last year or two that it was removed. I doubt they will backtrack as it would be a money loser for them.

Zero5
join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

Zero5 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

You guys all realize that this is really just Verizon finally putting a package together that Comcast has offered for a long time. (Except for their love children in NYC that have had this forever).

Their top package includes ALL premiums - you don't have to add anything like we currently have to with HBO/Cinemax or Starz.

But if they're trying to put together a package with all premiums to compete with Comcast's Digital Premier package, then why did they still leave out HBO and Starz/Encore? (NY excluded obviously)
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Onedollar

to Onedollar
I'm in NJ (VHO 7). I just negotiated a new deal that got me the Ultimate package for the same price as my old Extreme package. I get all the premium channels (Starz/Encore, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime) as part of the package.

joeyj
@verizon.net

joeyj

Anon

Yep parts of NJ get it due to competition from cablevision.

I hate the premium channels for movies though cause other than showtime hardly any of them ever do OAR.

somebodeez
MVM
join:2001-09-24
here

somebodeez to philsrock

MVM

to philsrock
said by philsrock:

said by kes601:

Neither did I (in MD)