share rss forum feed

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
reply to JayMan 007

Re: [HD] Cinemax coming to Ultimate Package

Not sure of the credit amount. It will start once your VHO gets the new package codes - in the next few weeks.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6

From what i could tell. It was something like hbo + cinemax was 26 bucks. Will now become like 17 for just hbo... So 8 buck discount? Fuzzy math but should be within the ballpark

celticpride

@verizon.net

Boy do i always have the worse timing!!, One reason i left directv was because i couldnt get the east coast networks NBC,ABC FOX,and CBS in HD here in so cal. even though i could get the east coast SD versions of those channels. A month after i left directv added the HD version of the networks!, now last month i switched to extreme pack from ultimate pack with verizon because they only had showtime and TMC in the utimate pack,so what happens now they add cine max to ultimate ,guess i'll switch back to ultimate! AARGH!

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by celticpridenow last month i switched to extreme pack from ultimate pack with verizon because they only had showtime and TMC in the utimate pack,so what happens now they add cine max to ultimate ,guess i'll switch back to ultimate! AARGH!

You can add any premium channel to any package a la carte. No need to order a specific package.

ohernan

join:2011-02-06
Dedham, MA
reply to Onedollar

Cinemax available this morning in Massachusetts as part of Ultimate package!

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
kudos:1
reply to Onedollar

This is a good incentive to finally upgrade.....Plus isn't SHO already included with Ultimate too?

I have SHO/TMC/Stars/Encore movies pack for $16/mo with the old 2009 Extreme (I think that's what is was called, it's been so long) before there even was an Ultimate.

But I can just cancel that pack, and if Ultimate includes SHO and MAX then that is plenty.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Yep, Sho/TMC/Starz/Encore already included in Ultimate, as is EPIX. Essentially HBO will be the only premium movie channels not included.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

You guys all realize that this is really just Verizon finally putting a package together that Comcast has offered for a long time. (Except for their love children in NYC that have had this forever).

Their top package includes ALL premiums - you don't have to add anything like we currently have to with HBO/Cinemax or Starz.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

julesism

join:2001-12-12
Lewisville, TX
reply to Onedollar

I'm on Ultimate and CMAX is not "lit up" in VHO1 yet.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
reply to JeepMatt

It is nice they are doing that for all VHOs, as Cox here doesn't have a package that includes everything.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6

All VHOs to be completed by next week

philsrock

join:2011-07-22
Wilmington, DE
reply to kes601

said by kes601:

Yep, Sho/TMC/Starz/Encore already included in Ultimate, as is EPIX. Essentially HBO will be the only premium movie channels not included.

Starz and Encore are NOT included in Ultimate (at least I don't get them in VHO8)

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

Hmm, actually, now that you mention it I think maybe I do pay for Starz/Encore and then I am getting a credit back on my bill for them.

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to Onedollar

My idea would have Epix as part of Prime,Epix,Showtime/TMC and Encore as part of Extreme withj the entire shooting match (HBO/Cinemax/Starz) as part of Ultimate

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to philsrock

said by philsrock:

said by kes601:

Starz and Encore are NOT included in Ultimate (at least I don't get them in VHO8)

Correct. They are available as a movie pkg "add-on" for $ 9.99 or so.. at least her in ma.
--
"Not a stick, not a spliff, not even a puff."
.... The Harder They Come, with Jimmy Cliff.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to chitchatjf

said by chitchatjf:

My idea would have Epix as part of Prime,Epix,Showtime/TMC and Encore as part of Extreme

A couple years ago showtime and encore were included with extremehd. It was only the last year or two that it was removed. I doubt they will backtrack as it would be a money loser for them.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to JeepMatt

said by JeepMatt:

You guys all realize that this is really just Verizon finally putting a package together that Comcast has offered for a long time. (Except for their love children in NYC that have had this forever).

Their top package includes ALL premiums - you don't have to add anything like we currently have to with HBO/Cinemax or Starz.

But if they're trying to put together a package with all premiums to compete with Comcast's Digital Premier package, then why did they still leave out HBO and Starz/Encore? (NY excluded obviously)

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to Onedollar

I'm in NJ (VHO 7). I just negotiated a new deal that got me the Ultimate package for the same price as my old Extreme package. I get all the premium channels (Starz/Encore, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime) as part of the package.

joeyj

@verizon.net

Yep parts of NJ get it due to competition from cablevision.

I hate the premium channels for movies though cause other than showtime hardly any of them ever do OAR.

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to philsrock

said by philsrock:

said by kes601:

Neither did I (in MD)

mcc32

join:2004-02-12
Mendham, NJ
reply to Mac973

i'm in NJ as well and did the same thing - plus a 300$ gift card!
awesome deal.

celticpride

@verizon.net

just switched back to the ultimate package,CSR told me cinemax would be added to the ultimate pack next wednesday november 16 here in southern california.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to joeyj

said by joeyj :

I hate the premium channels for movies though cause other than showtime hardly any of them ever do OAR.

get the premium channels for HBO shows such as Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, True Blood etc which are better then most movies

Showtime's Homeland and Starz' Spartacus is also good but no in the same class as HBO's original programming

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
reply to joeyj

..and even shotime recently cropped a film.

..i couldn't believe it..

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
reply to Onedollar

And what about MAXGo, their online. It seems to still require $ 11.99 for a login..

whsbuss

join:2007-08-10
Norristown, PA

Not here in VH08 yet.

wiperman

join:2000-08-18
Ocean View, DE
reply to mcc32

Does anyone know when (if ever) Cinemax will be included in the Ultimate HD package for VHO 04?

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
reply to miataman

Click for full size
MAX Subscription Required
Confirmed NO MAX GO Online and NO CINEMAX ON DEMAND ! VHO2 in TAMPA FL

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to wiperman

said by wiperman:

Does anyone know when (if ever) Cinemax will be included in the Ultimate HD package for VHO 04?

In AA County, MD Cinemax is included in the Ultimate HD package. We signed up for it on Nov. 2 using the online method.

TimGoodwin14

join:2011-05-25
Glen Burnie, MD

I'm also in AA County and have the Ultimate package and as of yesterday I have yet to receive Cinemax.