heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to heat84

Re: Nationwide EAS Test 11/9 2:00 PM EST

said by heat84:

said by Mike Wolf:

hmm alright well this is wierd, gotten like five weekly tests so far this morning in Toms River. At least now I know all my equipment works lol.

Same here. Every 5 minutes for the last hour. WTF? I was about to make my own thread.

Its happening again.
--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
testing probably for the national test tomorrow.

moes
Premium
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
Mike I am hearing from my source they cut down the testing to 30 seconds because of the broadcasts bitching rofl!

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4

1 edit
Actually it was because of other issues from radicals who think there's some conspiracy. »www.theglobalconspiracy.org/2011···ill.html and unofficially because certain agency officials believed people wouldn't be intelligent enough to know it was a test. Shortening the EAS test was ordered by Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano. I read it in one of the internal newsletters. I'm still ticked off about the shortening of the test, when one of the reasons why it was 3 minutes long in the first place was to test the hardware to see if it would continue working past the 2 minute mark that weekly and monthly tests are limited to, since national action notification messages have no time limits. I guess we’ll never know now.