Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to jcremin

Re: Hardly unlimited

said by jcremin:

said by MovieLover76:

unlimited wifi means nothing as they don't have to provide that part of the service.

Sure they do. Well, not the data part, but the texting and voice services need servers and infrastructure. While definitely not a plan for a lot of people who use a lot of minutes while "on the go", there are still plenty that this would work great for.

This plan would work fine for the great majority of users. If you are "on the road" all the time and need to be constantly in touch for your business, your company is paying the bill and you don't need this plan.
--
»www.politico.com/rss/2012-electi ··· tion.xml
»www.politico.com/rss/2012-electi ··· blog.xml

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:3
said by FFH5:

If you are "on the road" all the time and need to be constantly in touch for your business, your company is paying the bill and you don't need this plan.

Well, I am self employed, so "my company" is still me paying the bill.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
So get a $45 unlimited voice, text and data plan from Straight Talk with almost the same phone (just with a keyboard) and the same network, without the requirement for spending much of your time on cellular.

talz13

join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH
reply to jcremin
Can't you just "write it off"?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZRqH7s ··· RqH7sRyA

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:3
said by talz13:

Can't you just "write it off"?

Funny, when we (my business partner and I) were first starting our company, I was beginning to explain to her how "write offs" worked. First things out of her mouth: "So we can go to Hawaii and just write it off so it doesn't cost anything". I was like: "Um, not exactly, I mean, we still have to be able to pay for the trip and only saves us a little in taxes, it's not like it is free!" lol.

BikeHelmet

join:2010-04-15
said by jcremin:

Funny, when we (my business partner and I) were first starting our company, I was beginning to explain to her how "write offs" worked. First things out of her mouth: "So we can go to Hawaii and just write it off so it doesn't cost anything". I was like: "Um, not exactly, I mean, we still have to be able to pay for the trip and only saves us a little in taxes, it's not like it is free!" lol.

To be fair, lots of people learn off people that word things very sloppily. My father always said "You can write off costs to your business and get your money back."

You most definitely do not get your money back. I figured it out easily enough, but more proper wording would've been "You don't pay income tax on what you write off. Sometimes it drops you a tax bracket, saving you even more money."

Of course, the government still gets its taxes. If you buy something, it's sales tax. If you pay someone, they pay income tax.