share rss forum feed

paintref
Look, I see stars

join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Same Day Knife Sharpening?

I just bought a new pocket knife and the blade is not as sharp as I'd like it to be.

I have taken the one pocket knife I have to Ace Hardware, where they have a knife sharpening service, but it is a week turn around (I guess you could say they outsource that service).

I don't want to wait a week or send off this pocket knife, as I paid a pretty penny for it.

Is there anywhere which has same day knife sharpening service in the Willowbrook/1960 area? Does Lowes or Home Depot do blade/knife sharpening?

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
Save yourself a lot of time and money. Get one of these sets.
»www.amazon.com/Furi-Tri-Fingers-···6&sr=8-7
--
sthhjkjhyfdfhuyjhhyjgrfffgfhgjuhyk sorry there was a spider on the keyboard. i think i got it

paintref
Look, I see stars

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Thanks for the link, but I don't want to do it myself...I am very hesitant on trying something which I have never tried before on my new pocket knife.

I don't have any knives to practice with and I don't want to ruin the one I just bought.

And I won't need to sharpen it a lot, since its a rescue knife and we do not get very many rescue calls, which makes it even harder for me to justify the cost.

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
kudos:3

brhalltx
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Cypress, TX
I didn't know they were there, and I drive past that corner several times a week.

paintref
Look, I see stars

Houston, TX

1 recommendation

reply to paintref
Took my knife there to get sharpened...spent $5.41, which is less than getting my other pocket knife sharpened at ace.

Great customer service too.