spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AntiUnion

@mellon.com

Union Scum

Lying union scum. The sooner they are gone, the better the average Joe will be!

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

Uh huh. You know it's true. Once Unions are gone and all worker protections are stripped from pesky regulations, you know Corporations will finally get around to doing the right thing out of the goodness of their hearts. Just get rid of those Unions first, and all will be right with the world.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to AntiUnion

Until the "average Joe" has to work more than a 40-hour work week, loses health benefits, child labor laws are repealed, the corporations evade paying more taxes, holidays are taken away, workers' comp would be eviscerated, etc.

That may all sound doom and gloom but I wouldn't be surprised IF it did happen.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA
reply to AntiUnion

careful what you wish for, think of it as lying business scum,
--
BlooMe

en103

join:2011-05-02

1 recommendation

Very true - Unions are just another business.

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to Boricua

said by Boricua:

Until the "average Joe" has to work more than a 40-hour work week, loses health benefits, child labor laws are repealed, the corporations evade paying more taxes, holidays are taken away, workers' comp would be eviscerated, etc.

That may all sound doom and gloom but I wouldn't be surprised IF it did happen.

Most of that stuff happens more and more already.... and as for Child Labor laws--- hey, just move offshore!
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

nutcr0cker

join:2003-04-02
Chandler, AZ
kudos:2
reply to en103

This reminds of an ultimate scum bucket named Reagan, mother of 9-11 and Godfather of Bush's business partner Bin laden. For a short target he furnished the Islamist fighters with stinger missiles and funded the radicalization of an entire country. The union has similar narrative but as 9-11 was poetic justice on the Rethugs hope this would be on the faux news watchers

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to Boricua

said by Boricua:

What? I'm surprised that women's suffrage and rights for minorities aren't in your list of benefits given to the people by unions. You're arguments might have held some water at the turn of the century, early in the 20th century. There is little to support those arguments now.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to nutcr0cker

Do you actually read any history or do you just scream your hate at republicans every night?

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to cdru

said by cdru:

What? I'm surprised that women's suffrage and rights for minorities aren't in your list of benefits given to the people by unions. You're arguments might have held some water at the turn of the century, early in the 20th century. There is little to support those arguments now.

Meh... I got one better. Had Adam and Eve been unionized, there would have been no Fall of Man.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA
reply to Metatron2008

whom are you talking about?I actually don't "hate' anyone, some I dislike more than others, and mine was just an observation,why do you hate unions?
--
BlooMe

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

said by woody7:

whom are you talking about?

nutcr0cker, reread his alex jones inspired post

alchav

join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT
Reviews:
·ooma

1 recommendation

reply to KrK

said by KrK:

Uh huh. You know it's true. Once Unions are gone and all worker protections are stripped from pesky regulations, you know Corporations will finally get around to doing the right thing out of the goodness of their hearts. Just get rid of those Unions first, and all will be right with the world.

Are you saying this "Tongue in Cheek?" In a Perfect World we would all get along, and Corporations and Companies would care for their Employees, but we don't live in this Perfect World. So way before my time Companies abused their Employees, and the Unions were born. Now the Unions have become the same as those Companies and Corporations. Since we don't live in a Perfect World, if you get rid of the Unions it would swing back to the abusive Companies and Corporations. So I'm afraid we need this imperfect balance.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
Fort Wayne, IN

So how do you explain the thousands and thousands of small to large businesses that have absolutely no union employees?

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to cdru

said by cdru:

said by Boricua:

What? I'm surprised that women's suffrage and rights for minorities...

said by cdru:

You're arguments might have held some water at the turn of the century, early in the 20th century. There is little to support those arguments now.

I beg to differ. One prime example, recently Wally World decided to have employees work 30 hours or less to avoid giving them health benefits because the minimum is 32 hours.

Wal-Mart Cuts SomeHealth Care Benefits
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
reply to cdru

How do you explain that wages have been nearly stagnant for those workers for the past 30 years while the companys' profits increase? Or that the laws protecting workers and consumers have been whittled away for even longer? Where do you see us going if the laws protecting the workplace disappear?

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to Boricua

said by Boricua:

I beg to differ. One prime example, recently Wally World decided to have employees work 30 hours or less to avoid giving them health benefits because the minimum is 32 hours.

Wal-Mart Cuts SomeHealth Care Benefits

What, in one breath you tell us that employers are forcing employees to work more then 40 hours, then in another you complain that employees are being forced to work less then 30. You can't have it both ways.

Getting employees to work less than X number of hours so that they are considered part time, or ineligible for particular benefits isn't anything new. It's gone on for years and has no bearing on whether the company is union or not. They can just as easily have union labor and simply require employees not to work over the X hours. Or just drop coverage all together. Or make it obscenely expensive that it effectively isn't offered.

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to cdru

They have to comply with LAWS that are a direct result of Labor activity and Unions, and haven't (yet) been able to remove or completely undermine said laws. Yet.
--

Frohike
Premium
join:2000-07-23
Waxahachie, TX
kudos:4

Labor laws protect the minimum wage of a worker. Unions help workers get MORE than the minimum wage. Take the union away and that worker's pay is now at risk of dropping.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
reply to nutcr0cker

For pity's sake, if you're going to spew party tag lines, it's obvious you don't have a clue.

And I say that as a member of 4-generation union family.

nutcr0cker

Chandler, AZ
reply to Metatron2008

I donot watch the Faux news history. Only a complete moron would assume the history reported by Faux news to be true. Now return back to your faux news you might miss a part of the Glenn Beck show about how the administration should apologize to the banks.

nutcr0cker

Chandler, AZ
reply to goalieskates

said by goalieskates:

For pity's sake, if you're going to spew party tag lines, it's obvious you don't have a clue.

And I say that as a member of 4-generation union family.

I can think for myself about my best interests. Obama is Bush lite with his only achievement thus far is bending over for the rethugs. Which clues are you talking about, the stagnant wages since the Reagan era trickle down financials or the doodoo Bush put us in or the Afghanisthan mess or the FTA agreements Obummer is proposing. The neocon idiots love to hate the decent pays the unionized workers make but are supportive of exorbitant CEO wages makes them ;look like fools in most logical reasonings. If GOP is recognized as a terrorist organization, US would become a lot better country overnight

ASIretiree
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Denver, CO

1 edit
reply to AntiUnion

yeah, probably, but as a CWA member, data systems to network . HIV twenty-nine years AIDS I am alive because of CWA and find a Republican that cares for anyone other than himself!
I had a third point but I forgot what I was. EPA,maybe?
inSolidarity

TheRogueX

join:2003-03-26
Springfield, MO
reply to cdru

The point is that the unions have contracts which prevent companies from forcing an employee to work too few hours (so as to avoid benefits) or too many overtime hours (so as to completely overwork them).

This is actually a GOOD thing.

Rogue Wolf
Mourns the Loss of lilhurricane

join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY
reply to Frohike

And there's plenty of people out there trying to remove those labor laws (and environmental laws, and any other laws keeping corporations from doing anything they want) for being "anticompetitive". Apparently, they believe the only way we can succeed is to out-China China. Which is great, if you want to work 16-hour shifts in dangerous conditions for $4 a day in a neighborhood clouded in pollution while your kids drink water full of lead... or if you're rich and can move away from all that.

Of course, that would destroy America... but the multinational corps can always find some other, emerging market to exploit. And hey, another nation full of undereducated, desperate people means cheaper labor, better profits and higher stock prices!
--
Justin Timberlake brought sexy back. I'm putting it away again.

This content may not be retransmitted by your cable company without significant rate increases!