how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

teletone

join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On

[Internet] sagemcom f@st 2864

bell gave me a sagemcom f@st 2864 with my fibe25 service. is there any way to connect/disconnect your pppoe connection on this unit without having to unplug it? are there any hidden features/pages?

currently, i have the unit in bridge mode with my own router handling the pppoe connection but i'm not totally happy with this setup because the sagemcom's wireless N & gigabit ethernet ports are not usable this way.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

And depending if your lucky or not... and the statistic menu, there's a DSL tab to see your stats... if it's not there, then your like me... no luck.

Not sure if there's a way to deal with the question about bridge mode thing.

teletone

Toronto, On

kovy, the DSL stats tab was non existent.

bridge mode, i know that the wifi & router function will be unusable. what i'm hoping for is being able to unlock functions (connect/disconnect pppoe connection) on the sagemcom so that i don't have to keep it in bridge mode. stats would be nice as well.

kovy

I haven't succeeded in find info on that. Cellpipe had stats hiden inside the modem with a "!" but doesn't seem to be the case with Sagemcom.

fiiiiib25

@bell.ca
reply to teletone

how did you manage to get the sagemcom into bridge mode? if I remove my b1 username/password, it populates it with the default installer credentials, which automatically authenticates and I am still able to surf the web.

teletone

Toronto, On

said by fiiiiib25 :

how did you manage to get the sagemcom into bridge mode? if I remove my b1 username/password, it populates it with the default installer credentials, which automatically authenticates and I am still able to surf the web.

that's strange. was the default credential a b1/ bell type user name? mine wasn't. i took out my ID/password and then connected my router's wan port to the sagemcom's lan port. i let my router handle the pppoe connection.

kovy

reply to fiiiiib25

said by fiiiiib25 :

Did you change DNS in your network card?

fiiibe

@bell.ca
reply to teletone

teletone, the username that is automatically set on mine is sc2864n.

Kovy, yes I am using none bell dns servers. If I use the automatically obtained dns, I believe it brings me to the setup your fibe modem etc.

kovy

said by fiiibe :

teletone, the username that is automatically set on mine is sc2864n.

Kovy, yes I am using none bell dns servers. If I use the automatically obtained dns, I believe it brings me to the setup your fibe modem etc.

And that's why you internet is working.

teletone

Toronto, On
reply to fiiibe

i also had that type username when i removed my b1 username. i don't know why you would have a problem or how you're able to connect with it. can you reach the modem from behind your router? you shouldn't be able to.

AndrewW

join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to kovy

said by kovy:

And depending if your lucky or not... and the statistic menu, there's a DSL tab to see your stats... if it's not there, then your like me... no luck.

Not sure if there's a way to deal with the question about bridge mode thing.

When I run the Netinf test on my Sagemcom, the modem tells me it cannot read the results and proceeds to ask me to refresh the screen after which it produces a blank results page. Bell technical support told me the issue would be cleared up in a few hours. Twenty-four hours later still nothing!