uniqs

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

U.S. cellular

I helped my girlfriend move to them after she was dumped by T-Mobile for excessive roaming. US Celluar is a great company but their devices are very lack luster. There 2 "top end" phones leave a lot to be desired to me, but I suppose they are fine for the average cell user.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Re: U.S. cellular

said by swintec:

I helped my girlfriend move to them after she was dumped by T-Mobile for excessive roaming. US Celluar is a great company but their devices are very lack luster. There 2 "top end" phones leave a lot to be desired to me, but I suppose they are fine for the average cell user.

I'll go into the US Cellular store at the Maine Mall and ask about the iPhone and they try to push Android powered devices on to potential customers and it's like they want nothing to do with iPhone. I have the iPhone through Verizon and it works fine where I need it. Where I live in Mass is not US Cellular turf so I cannot get them unless I use my Grandma's address in Maine as a service address and they'd get me for excessive roaming. On the other hand, York County Maine (home to my Grandma) used to be extended network on Verizon years ago until they bought Unicell. As for US Cellular, they would not get my business unless they had the iPhone as I am attached to the iPhone for its simple syncing with my computer and iPad and it doubles as an iPod.

As for the 4S, the guy in the Verizon store said "Don't waste your money". He said the differences between the 4 and the 4S are very minimal. He said to stick with the 4 and besides I am not eligible for an upgrade until November of 2012.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

Well in January of 2012, It looks like i'll say bye bye then to U.S Cellular then.
Over the years I have spent upward of $700 on songs and apps from the iTms.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

chlen

Premium Member

Or you could have used bit torrent to get them for free in better quality.