uniqs
share rss forum feed

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to criggs

Re: Sprint Caps Increasing, Price [For Some] Decreasing

said by criggs:

I guess what I don't understand is why the best option isn't simply to go to a reseller who bundles Clear's unlimited 4G with Sprint's 5 gig capped 3G. If one is in a good 4G Wimax area, like me, that would seem the way to go.

But I hear almost no discussion of that option on this forum, so I'm figuring this combo reseller deal (for example, that's what Wireless 'N' WiFi offers) has drawbacks which haven't occurred to me.

Clear no longer offers any 3G option to new customers, and sprint now meters the combined usage of 3G+4G... so the problem is... that option is gone to new users, unless you know of a reseller who does offer it? And if so name names

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Time Warner Cable

The way I read it is Road Runner Mobile has no caps at all, 3G, 4G or combined on the National Elite Plan for $50 or $60, depending on what other services you have. Only downside is they charge for roaming

»mobileservices.timewarnercable.c···lite.jsp

They also offer a 4G only plan for $40 and a 250MB capped 3G/4G plan for $20

Comcast’s XFinity 2 Go has a 5GB cap for 3G on their 3G/4G plan, but appears to be Unlimited for 4G. Comcast allows for 100MB of roaming data though, whereas TW doesn’t.

»customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQVi···5e9be609
--
First Osama Bin Laden and now Steve Jobs, 2011 is turning out to be a great year afterall.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

1 recommendation

reply to dib22

said by dib22:

Clear no longer offers any 3G option to new customers, and sprint now meters the combined usage of 3G+4G... so the problem is... that option is gone to new users, unless you know of a reseller who does offer it? And if so name names

Um, actually, um, I did! Read my message again. Here's the relevant sentence: "...that's what Wireless 'N' WiFi offers."

In case there's any confusion, I'm saying that the reseller named Wireless 'N' WiFi offers unlimited 4G from Clear bundled with 3G 5gig-capped from Sprint. Wireless 'N' WiFi is located at »wirelessnwifi.com/ .

Hope that answers your question.

But my question remains unanswered: Why isn't what Wireless 'N' WiFi is offering EXACTLY what the doctor ordered? Why isn't everyone beating a path to Wireless 'N' WiFi? Why am I the only one who's mentioned it? What am I missing? What's the hidden drawback or drawbacks?

Thanks for taking a look at this.

dib22

Kansas City, MO

said by criggs:

But my question remains unanswered: Why isn't what Wireless 'N' WiFi is offering EXACTLY what the doctor ordered? Why isn't everyone beating a path to Wireless 'N' WiFi? Why am I the only one who's mentioned it? What am I missing? What's the hidden drawback or drawbacks?

You are right I did miss that, my brain saw it as you saying something about the worlds largest free highspeed isp... linksys (open)

As for the company Wireless 'N' WiFi I can find nothing about this plan ... it is as if they haven't sold even one of those plans?

Even their blog ( »www.wirelessnwifi.com/blog/ ) has an article about mobile broadband, never mentions that they sell it, and talks about limits.

I can't really tell what they are re-selling either... no real info is stated on their website. That website is also a bit of a trainwreck... might scare most away when they see they are re-directed to a email form for coverage information

Wish I knew more... but it's pretty sketchy looking to me (I am not saying it is a scam, just that it looks pretty scammy). I did find a few comments on them selling gear, mostly positive, so they might be real (or gaming the review systems).

dib22

Kansas City, MO
reply to Steve Mehs

said by Steve Mehs:

Time Warner Cable
Comcast’s XFinity 2 Go

I wonder if you have to be in their cable territory to order?

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to dib22

said by dib22:

As for the company Wireless 'N' WiFi I can find nothing about this plan ... it is as if they haven't sold even one of those plans?...That website is also a bit of a trainwreck... might scare most away when they see they are re-directed to a email form for coverage information

That's odd. When I go to »wirelessnwifi.com/ there the offer is, in black and white (well, grey and purple actually).

Not only that, I had no difficulty finding a phone number instead of email contact, at the home page. It's right there on top, an 877 number.

Not only that, I called that number and immediately got transferred to what seemed a very knowledgeable guy, who was happy to talk a blue streak, when encouraged, about how they had made the deal with Clear and Sprint, what other deals would probably not be happening or would be happening, etc. etc.

Are you sure you and I are looking at the same web site?

If it turns out you were NOT looking at the same web site, but that after reading my message you find the same web site I was looking at, I'd still be interested in your take as to whether this 1) seems like a good deal and 2) whether there's some reason to be hesitant. Because, as things stand now with me, with Sprint threatening to start charging overage fees, I'm sorely tempted by this.

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to dib22

said by dib22:

I wonder if you have to be in their cable territory to order?

Not only do you have to be in their territory; you also have to already be a Time Warner Cable customer unfortunately. At the bottom of »mobileservices.timewarnercable.c···ans.html it states "Offer available to residential Time Warner Cable customers."

That's a deal-killer for me, since I've found Verizon Fios is somewhat cheaper in my area (midtown Manhattan), and I made the switch about a year ago.

Which means I'm still left with only the Wireless 'N' WiFi option, as far as I can tell.

dib22

Kansas City, MO
reply to criggs

said by criggs:

Because, as things stand now with me, with Sprint threatening to start charging overage fees, I'm sorely tempted by this.

Go for it! You'll be the Guinea pig! Be sure to report back.