how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

skillton

join:2000-09-14
Scarborough, ON

Rogers in an ex Shaw cable area

I have been a Rogers@home customer for about 3 years now...
i've had all the modems they offered... now i moved into a area that used to be shaw@home in scarborough... they said my terayon modem doest work in this area and they gave me a motorola cybersurfr wave modem... i know shaw was very bad in the toronto area before and i think rogers fixed it up a bit when they took over... my downloads are higher then in the area that was always rogers... but my connection is very spikey... pings vary from 10 to 50 to my 1st hop... its a bit better @ nite... but i still hate it since i play alot of quake....
my download is about 300kb/sec from a good server @ all times... but my upload is really slow most times... sometimes its about 270kbps... 30kb/sec or so... but usually its slowwww... i use DU meter which shows the exact speed of ur connection @ all times... sometimes the upload even stops for a few seconds & changes alot...
anyway... my question is... will the 5gb/mo cap fix this problem? i used to be a bandwidth hog... but now i dont think i still am... i tranfered 630 megs both ways since 02/26/2002 according to du meter... so i guess i wont really have a problems with the cap...
also when is this cap going to be in effect...?
and the last question when is rogers going to be docsis compliant?
docsis 2.0 is coming out soon and rogers inst even docsis 1.0 compliant... acutally if i'm not mistaken the bloor area of rogers is docsis compliant...

elusion
Premium
join:2001-10-25
Scarborough, ON

There is going to be a 5 mb cap? I didn't Know that. And terayons are compatible with the scarborough area. I have a terayon. Living in scarborough. Speed is amazing.I had a modem switch, I have the older terayon.
--
----life is like a box of chocolate..you never know what you might get out ---

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

in some areas of scarborough they are... not in my area @ sheppard & kennedy

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

so when is the 5mb cap going to take flight? I can't wait.

porcho
Premium
join:2002-01-01
Toronto, ON
reply to skillton

you want a 5 gb download cap, you're sick!

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

lol. Sarcasm Porcho. Its all about sarcasm.lol

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

umm... the 5gb cap means u can only download 5gb/month

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

sarcasm. it was sarcasm.

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

lol aite

porcho
Premium
join:2002-01-01
Toronto, ON
reply to skillton

aiight then, just checkin up on you

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

or just maybe they have gotten to me. (?)

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
reply to skillton

Make sure you have signed the petition
(look in my signiture)

peeeeeeeeeeeace
and ROGERS sux

jokez

cheetham

join:2001-11-21
Canada
reply to skillton

Called Rogers, ( I am in London ) and they told me they have never herd of any plans to have a Cap..... so I dont know if this is just a rumor ? ? also I have been with rogers almost 4 years, I pay $32.95 a month, does anyone else pay tyhe same
?? more ?? or less ?? just want to know ... I know some people are at like $45. ???

cheetham

(also I went and bought a Linksys Cable Modem, not using the TERYON anymore, Notice a HUGE Dif in SPEED !! almost doubled...

mannie

join:2002-04-13
Scarborough, ON

I have a Motorola CyberSurfer too...and live in Scarborough. My speed sucks! I download at around 100kb/s off Microsoft, and upload speed? I don't think it's gone up higher than 50kb/s. I found a service receipt in the cable modem box, is that a bad sign? it said it was repaired on Dec 27,2001. Got cable 2 months ago.

glyph3

join:2002-02-12
Markham, ON
reply to cheetham

Maybe this will solve my crappy speeds !.
I'm in Markham, and have a Motorola Cybersurfer
my download is like around 600, upload about 50
I pay 39.95/Month. The info about using your own Modem
and getting double speed has me drooling !!

Where did you buy the modem ?
did they drop the modem rental fee ?
what info did they request from you to get your modem
authorized ?

Thanks in advance.
--
Unionville, Ontario

cheetham

join:2001-11-21
Canada

send me an e-mail at cheetham-j@rogers.com and I will help you get your speed up. with th e things you have.

John

( make sure you put in your e-mail who you are, so I know )

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to glyph3

you cant get ur own modem on rogers... maybe in the newer docsis compliant areas u can... but not in most areas
the only reason i can think of for ur speed increases is that rogers put u on a docsis compliant node...
i thought this thread was long dead =)

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

wtf dont move my topic
its been there for like a few months... i dont like my topics beeing moved

elusion
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

yo dun diss the mod, he is only helping you out by moving it to the rogers forum, since that's where the rogers people post now, so you can get help. So you should be thankful, don't diss aite?
--
-In the game of broadband, sometimes you win some, sometimes you loose some-

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
reply to skillton

said by skillton:
wtf dont move my topic
There hasn't been a rogers forum for months. So now that there is your post is in it.

Steve
--
18.98Ghz of Cancer killing power commin at yah.

mau108
Mau
Premium
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by mrspec3:
said by skillton:
wtf dont move my topic
There hasn't been a rogers forum for months. So now that there is your post is in it.

Steve

didn't it get moved from canandian broadband?
--
•·.·´¯`·.·•MAU108•·.·´¯`·.·•

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada

yes

skillton

Scarborough, ON
reply to skillton

aite aite whatever... its ur forum... but still i just dont like the idea of my stuff getting moved around...

CabMonk
Gold Fish Boy
Premium
join:2001-03-09
Toronto

said by skillton:
aite aite whatever... its ur forum... but still i just dont like the idea of my stuff getting moved around...
and yet it seems you still don't get it for some reason. When you posted this topic there was no Rogers forum. Now there is. So when all the new forums were created. The Rogers posts got moved to the Rogers forum. The Shaw posts got moved to the Shaw forum, etc.
--
"Sweet? Where do you get off? Where do you get sweet? I am dark and mysterious, and I am PISSED OFF! I could be very dangerous to all of you! And you should know that about me... I am THE ENEMY!".....(From Almost Famous)

[text was edited by author 2002-05-14 15:44:38]