Premium Member

IP Access system

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Not necessarily BB, but cool nonetheless..work in progress..14 doors with readers and strikes. Its the first system of this scale that Ive installed so be gentle please.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium Member
join:2002-05-31
AZ

nightdesigns

Premium Member

You might be able to answer a question I've had for a while. Why do some card reader systems have a motion sensor on the inside of the door? As far as I can tell, the ones I've seen didn't do anything to the door (like unlock before turning the handle).
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

To confirm someone has approached the door. If there's an alarm in the system, opening the door without an access card or tripping the sensor would set it off.

Also, the system logs the event. And if there's a relay in the door, it'll log when the door opens and closes.
mikkopel
join:2002-10-25
Haverstraw, NY

mikkopel to jmich

to jmich
Interesting... What's the brand of this system? And how is the management software?
imseanbrown
Premium Member
join:2005-12-20
New York, NY

imseanbrown to jmich

Premium Member

to jmich
All looks good! What kind of readers/access control are you implementing (Keyfob? Card? Code? Biometric?) Is there any sort of network integration with that product?

jeffmoss26
join:2002-07-22
Beachwood, OH

jeffmoss26 to jmich

to jmich
jmich! nice to see you around here still!

jmich
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Toms River, NJ

jmich to mikkopel

Premium Member

to mikkopel
Thanks..Its a CBRD. The readers are card swipe. The top left module has the network port and it will be managed by an off-site server. I don't know about the mgt server software, but the customer seems to like it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to nightdesigns

Premium Member

to nightdesigns
said by nightdesigns:

You might be able to answer a question I've had for a while. Why do some card reader systems have a motion sensor on the inside of the door? As far as I can tell, the ones I've seen didn't do anything to the door (like unlock before turning the handle).

Where I work the motion sensors unlock the door

its so people aren't trapped in, but blocked out (some people have been annoyed by them when someone is standing under a motion sensor and you keep hearing it unlock)