spc
Search similar:

uniqs
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

nextel towers?

Does anyone know if your sprint data cards work through their nextel towers? I have a nextel tower in Los and can't but help think about the potential for an actual decent signal for a change...

someome
@qwest.net

someome

Anon

No, the technology of the Nextel iDen network is completely different than the Sprint CDMA network. Bottom line, your Sprint device will never connect to the Nextel iDen network.
decifal7
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

Well, that sucks.... I think some are speculating that sprint will get away from the iDen technology... Maybe then i'll be in luck..

Can you even subscribe to nextel services anymore?
LineNoise
join:2006-06-25
Downers Grove, IL

LineNoise

It's definately not speculation anymore, they have confirmed that they are phasing out iDEN. Google "Sprint network vision".

If you're lucky, that iDEN tower will be replaced with a new multi-mode base station in the next couple years.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to decifal7

Premium Member

to decifal7
said by decifal7:

Can you even subscribe to nextel services anymore?

Yes. If you go to Sprints website you can choose from 7 different iDEN handsets (8 if you include the non camera BB Curve). Aside from the Moto Titanium, they’re all pretty old phones. The Curve has been around for what seems like forever now, I bought an i576 and i680 a year and a half ago, the i576 is still offered and the i686 is just slightly different and a refresh of my i680. The i335 and i365 have been around for a while now too.

I have two Nextel lines (In addition to one Sprint line, an air card and a tablet) and have them since 2002. The contract on both will be up in the middle of June. At that point one Nextel phone will be switched over to a mid-range Android phone, probably the Evo Design, if there isn’t any other HTC Android based phone out at the $99 price point and the other Nextel line will either be canceled or converted into either another tablet or air card if LTE hardware is out by then and then I’ll just cancel and pay the ETF on either my existing tablet or air card plan.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to LineNoise

to LineNoise
while that is true about Sprint replacing iDEN and killing it; Sprint has been saying that for over 4 years now.
decifal7
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

Well they need to stop saying and get to doing I have a rather good view of this one tower currently on the what appears to be hardly existing tower and would love to do buisness with them!
caseybradp
join:2011-12-22

caseybradp to decifal7

to decifal7
Hi! iDEN is the only network that works in my area.I had to buy some many different phones to find the right network.Sprint service is bad in my area.Nextel works perfectly.

Casey mahoney brad p

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

get an i1 (or whatever revision of it they are up to).

My dad has one, and its pretty sweet.
decifal7
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

What is an i1?

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

a motorola android phone that works on boost and nextel.

not sure if it is a true iDen phone or if it is cdma, but it has DC PTT