Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

Only in a small town.

So, I go to the supermarket with only 22 dollars in my pocket. I need a few items so I try to keep a mental note of how much things cost. I go to the cashier with what I predict to be about 21 dollars total. As I get to the counter, a customer is just leaving but sees me coming. She walks up to me and says "Here Philip. Its a 2 dollar off coupon I don't want." I say thank you and proceed to check out. My total was $22.50, 50 cents more then I have, I say a small swear and start thinking what to take out. But the cashier says "Hold on, I don't have the coupon in yet." So the bill was now $20.50, and I end up walking out WITH CHANGE!

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

1 recommendation

There is something special about the folks in Maine;

MAINE TECHNOLOGY
After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: "California archaeologists, report finding of 200 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later. A local newspaper in Maine reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 feet in his pasture near Ashland, Maine, Roger, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Roger has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Maine had already gone wireless".

Just makes a person proud to be from Maine.
AYUH!

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Dominokat

Also called "Off Season at the Beach"

Breakfast place owner: "It's on the house. Thanks for sending people here this summer"
Waitress:"Hey capecoddah! It's paid for!"
Me: "I know (name). It's a big tip. Coffee, 2 creams and half a sugar."

Charter Boat Captain: "Hey capecoddah, thanks for the customers. Take a boat ride tomorrow?"

Soon it will be just the locals and we'll be sick of each other.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Dominokat

It's a blessing and a curse.

Blessing: I got a wicked good deal at the fish mahket because I'm capecoddah. (2 FREE lbs of scallops? ) "You sent me business all summah"

Curse: I listen to the soap Oprah... "You sent me business all summah". Because I'm capecoddah.