join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to Thaler

Premium Member

to Thaler

Re: Worth repeating - corporations don't pay taxes-customers do

said by Thaler:

I'm assuming this is sarcasm.

Nope. I am very serious. Why should anyone get a free ride? Even if it is $1 or $10 or so... pay something and have some skin in the game.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by pnh102:

Nope. I am very serious. Why should anyone get a free ride? Even if it is $1 or $10 or so... pay something and have some skin in the game.

So for the people below the poverty line and struggling to feed themselves, they should cough up something at the same rate proportionally as a billionaire? Also, I wouldn't call struggling to pay rent & food exactly a "free ride".

I guess they could pay their taxes at the end of the year with lint, but that's just a silly concept to begin with.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

1 recommendation

pnh102

Premium Member

said by Thaler:

So for the people below the poverty line and struggling to feed themselves, they should cough up something at the same rate proportionally as a billionaire? Also, I wouldn't call struggling to pay rent & food exactly a "free ride".

It doesn't have to be that high. Just something to make them remember that government is not free.

Personally I support a form of national retail non-VAT sales tax (the FairTax or something like it) to accomplish this. Under such a system, assuming all forms of federal income and payroll taxes are abolished, it will be assured that everyone pays something. Those who buy more pay more, those who buy less pay less. What could be more fair?