spc
Search similar:

uniqs

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

[Blackberry] Help - strange unlock and BlackBerry ID issue...

This is what you are presented with when you boot with any other SIM card... and STUCK only on these screens :(
Click for full size
Just want to show the bottom of this:

Here is what you see when you press on
Click for full size
I enter the correct password UNLESS BB can reach the _internet_ it fails the authenication!!!

Here is what you see if you click on

What you see next is:

Only thing left to do is to

If you click

in details: I love BB... I've used them for 5+ years... I've unlocked dozens over the years and never had this - I have a BlackBerry Bold 9930 from and by Verizon...

I'm going over seas and will need to use another SIM card in it... I've put another SIM card and it said blackberry is locked...
I got the unlock code... and unlocked it all all fine... was able to make a test call with a new SIM card... ALL OK...

BUT now when I took the SIM card out and booted it OR placed any other NEW SIM card it - it gives me the attached Blackberry ID sign in screen!!!

:'( I cry...

it fails to authenticate me - because it needs the _internet_
(because if I boot up with my original SIM card and enable WiFi and boot with any other SIM card - only then it's able to authenticate me... with same pass and etc...

this is odd and actually crazy... it relies on the internet to give me access to the phone - if I'm in a middle of an undeveloped country no 3G or WiFi - and need to reboot / use another SIM etc... how does it expect me to authenticate!?

and even more I am worried that even if I wipe ... and restore to factory - I will end up being presented with this sign in screen...

I've tried to remove the BlackBerry ID in options - but can't see a way to do it...

is it OS 7 issue?

is it the AppWorld 3 issue? should I remove it? should I uninstall it?

what do you think will happen if I enter the wrong sign in password 11 times?

what ever it is - there must be some sort of a work around...

PLEASE help me...

thank you...
Expand your moderator at work

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

1 recommendation

owlyn to inGearX

MVM

to inGearX

Re: [Blackberry] Help - strange unlock and BlackBerry ID issue..

Your phone number and data plan (which is what is used to access the internet) are associated with your SIM card. If you change SIM cards, you have to call your provider from another phone to have the new SIM card registered.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
Yes, if you throw in an inactive sim card, it won't work. The sim card is what communicates with the network, and if that sim account isn't active or have a data plan associated with it, you're out of luck.