spc
uniqs

hyphenated
@bellsouth.net

hyphenated to Technogeek

Anon

to Technogeek

Re: Authentication problems with att/yahoo mail

I don't believe it is their responsibility to help you configure Outlook, it is a third party application.

You should delete the account out of Outlook and restart Outlook to readd the configuration.

On att.net there are a ton of documents to assist with setting up outlook.

»www.att.com/esupport/art ··· KB401573

If you follow the above article(s) step by step and it still doesn't work then there is probably something else wrong with your system.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by hyphenated :

I don't believe it is their responsibility to help you configure Outlook, it is a third party application.

You should delete the account out of Outlook and restart Outlook to readd the configuration.

If you follow the above article(s) step by step and it still doesn't work then there is probably something else wrong with your system.

This is an issue that has went on for years with Bellsouth and now AT&T. It's sporadic and happens frequently. Not an issue with his system.

With your arrogance, you must be a tech for AT&T.

Anon BR549
@charter.com

Anon BR549 to hyphenated

Anon

to hyphenated
Hyphenated, the issue folk's are having isn't about configuring outlook & it's nothing to do with their computers. ATT has screwed the pooch again.

Do you work for ATT? Sounds like it.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0 to hyphenated

Premium Member

to hyphenated
said by hyphenated :

I don't think it is reasonable we use their crap web mail eilter.

Setting up POP is pretty straight forward no matter what the APP, except with these turkeys
Shootist
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA

Shootist to hyphenated

Premium Member

to hyphenated
said by hyphenated :

Yeah suggest to delete the account, what a Load of BS (and that doesn't stand for Bellsouth).

this has been a ongoing problem for WEEKS NOW.
Whether you use Yahoo.att or the Mail.bellsouth servers.
I thought it was ATT dropping all support for the mail.bellsouth.net mail servers so I switch to the yahoo.att.pop/smtp servers and the same thing is happening.
Which tells me it is NOT yahoo. It is ATT.