spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

carli66skyw

@wispnet.net

No Signal SkyWay

Does anyone happen to know why Skyway users have no signal. It's been absent since Thursday.

tgermon

join:2007-12-31
Vanceboro, NC

I called their number and it says they are having technical difficulties. Just emailed them to see when signal will be back. This affects skyfx users also. They use skyway service.

JHutch

join:2008-01-08
Pacific, MO

Does anyone remember a Skyway outage that has gone this long? Makes me a little nervous that both the sales and tech support are not being answered.

Let us know if you hear back from your email.

bigtuna430

join:2011-11-14
Wilmington, OH

I work for a company that is a reseller for Skyway. We were able to talk to a manager there over the weekend and he indicated that a transponder located in Michigan was struck by lightening, and that they were waiting for a replacement part to be delivered. They gave no ETA of when they thought it would be fixed. Still waiting for an update. I will post here if I get one.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

said by bigtuna430:

I work for a company that is a reseller for Skyway. We were able to talk to a manager there over the weekend and he indicated that a transponder located in Michigan was struck by lightening,

This is a classic example why those who sell a product should actually understand what they're selling. Saves a helluva lotta professional embarrassment. Transponders are integral components of the actual telecommunications satellites, which typically orbit about 22,300 miles above the equator. Not a helluva lotta lightning up there. And when orbital transponders die without redundancy, there ain't no fixin' 'em.

But if it was actually the manager who gave you the transponder lightning story, Skyway is even worse off for talent than I thought. A more logical story would be that Skyway leases some transmission capabilities in Michigan, which were temporarily put out of commission by a lightning strike.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1250H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 6 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2011

bigtuna430

join:2011-11-14
Wilmington, OH

Sorry for causing a professional embarrassment, dick. I do not sell the Skyway service, the company I work for does. I was just relaying what I was told because someone asked. I'll delete my account and keep my thoughts to myself.

Skyway
Skyway

join:2003-02-04
Mission, BC

big tuna430...

Don't delete your account and please keep providing any info you have...I am sure that the skyway users that started this topic appreciate your input...despite any terminology errors...

PS I am not associated to Skyway in the USA...I have been using this nick since before they came into existence...
--
Hughesnet/Telesat/Motosat/Xplornet/Tachyon installer l Home-ShawCable HS l Work vehicle-Motosat D2 F1 7000S from Xplornet [Canadian] l Windows 7

tgermon

join:2007-12-31
Vanceboro, NC

It's not looking good. Here's the response I got from skyfx,

"Skywayusa, LLC filed for chapter 11 protection on 9/7/2011, yes service went down on Thursday evening.

All customers are requested to use their dialup (set to dialup only).

Currently we don’t know when or if skywayusa will come back up.

All myskyfx customers are being set to dialup for service and billing and the cost will be reduced to $10.00 on the next billing cycle."

Valnet

join:2011-11-15
Independence, KS
reply to carli66skyw

I don't have any new information to add other than that their Sales phone number (I haven't tried support) is actually answering and I'm talking to somebody right now after holding for 15 minutes.

The friendly woman I spoke with has no idea what the problem actually is, or what the ETA is for repair.

joinme2play

Timpson, TX

Well at least you get to speak to someone. I'm in Tx my service has been out since Thursday. All I get is a recording, then it tell me to dial 9 to leave a message, then you hear the same message and get disconnected.
I'm glad i found this forum at least I know some kind of information now.
And they just charged my credit card for Nov. I guess I'll lose that. I'm going with another service... this just sucks. Not letting their customers know anything. It's just wrong.
Well that's my 2 cents and I guess that's about what it's worth.

JHutch

Pacific, MO
reply to tgermon

Hate to say it. But when they weren't back up after the weekend my first guess was that they were broke and couldn't pay whomever owns the satellite they were using. Looks like it is finally time for Hughsnet. Jeez I wish I could get something other than satellite. Tempted to root my smartphone and use as a hot spot. That's what my daughter did and she stopped using Skyway over our home wireless network. Our Verizon service is kind of sketch, though.

Carli66skyw

@wispnet.net
reply to carli66skyw

I was contacted by HughesNet and they told me that Skyway would not be back in service. I'm not sure if this is just to steal my businees or not,but working from home I'm going to have to go with something soon. I've tried every contact number I have and cannot get anyone at Skyway. I removed my CC so there would be no further charges.

JHutch

Pacific, MO

How did you remove your CC? Can you do that from the web? I think I set up myauto pay over the phone. Tried the CC company but they aren't set up to block payments. I will need to dispute the charge for a credit if one shows up.

JHutch

Pacific, MO

Figured out how to get into my Skyway account but it wouldn't let me remove the CC. Would only accept a valid CC and no other payment option to chose from.

joinme2play

Timpson, TX
reply to carli66skyw

I called Hughes Net yesterday, installer will be here in the morning @ 8am. I'm not waiting on Skyway any longer.
I gave them my debit card to deduct every month and they just deducted that last week 84.94 I guess I can kiss that goodbye. I called the bank to stop them from putting anymore charges thru, but I have to cancel my debit card and get a new one .. so I have to to that now.
I think what really sucks is that this company does not even have the common curtsy to notify the customers they could at lest send us an e-mail.

BipolarTink

join:2011-11-17
Bennington, OK

This is what I found on the BBB website regarding Skyway. It's a red "ALERT" link on there:

BBB was contacted by Skyway USA, LLC in regards to the service problems their customers are currently experiencing. Their response to BBB is below:

We apologize for the inconvenience that our customers are currently experiencing but we have an issue with one of our vendors at this time. We have no ETA on when the issue may be resolved but we are actively working on the issue. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused our customers & we will be handling their accounts in an appropriate manner.

*Just passing what I've found along....*

civicturbo

join:2009-11-08
USA
Reviews:
·MetConnect
reply to carli66skyw

To anyone that just got billed I have in the past filed a charge dispute when I was taken advantage of by a few different busineses. Each time i got my money back as a provisional credit in 24hrs. That was latter confirmed permenet. I bank with Wells Farg. But everyone get this protecting if you used a credit or debit card to pay. I just want others to know your money isn't gone once skyway takes it, Dispute it!
I hate when companies screw the little guy "cause they can" and know it.