Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

[Service] Cancel one radio (Sirius), add another (XM).

This whole thing confuses the heck out of me, and if I can help it, I'd rather not call SiriusXM on the phone based on past experiences. I have two questions.

I have two Sirius radios. One of them I need to cancel, as it was a unit I used in a vehicle I returned. I can't seem to cancel this radio in My Account on SiriusXM's website. Do I need to call to remove a radio?

Second, the new vehicle (Nissan Maxima) has SiriusXM radio built in. I believe it's an XM tuner. Can I add this radio to my profile, or since it's an XM unit, do I need to start a new account for this one unit? SiriusXM's website seems to say that while I can combine accounts, only if all radios are on the same platform.

What's the best way to do this? Thanks!
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

Debunking the 2012 hysteria. | Always looking for a new job | Will work for coffee or beer.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
if I remember correctly, you have to call to cancel. It's their way of porting you over to the retention department.

If it is an XM unit, you will need to create an XM account, if you don't already have one. But I would call and make sure that they activate the new unit for free. You can't get that when activating on the web.
--
"The entire process is simply a game in which voters transfer power back and forth between the two wings of what is really just one big political party; the Statist Party" - Jacob G. Hornberger

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
Long Island
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
said by Harddrive:

if I remember correctly, you have to call to cancel. It's their way of porting you over to the retention department.

Great. Every time I've had to call them it's been the equivalent of an AOL customer service experience. Better take my blood pressure meds and then call.

said by Harddrive:

If it is an XM unit, you will need to create an XM account, if you don't already have one. But I would call and make sure that they activate the new unit for free. You can't get that when activating on the web.

Ok, good to know, thanks. Silly question regarding activation: I have a 3 month trial on this Nissan that is working fine. Is this radio "activated" now, or is it not activated until a payment for the radio is made?
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

Debunking the 2012 hysteria. | Always looking for a new job | Will work for coffee or beer.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
Not sure about a new car with Sat Radio already going (free trial). Might wanna call XM and ask before the free trial runs out.

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
Long Island
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
said by Harddrive:

Not sure about a new car with Sat Radio already going (free trial). Might wanna call XM and ask before the free trial runs out.

Will do, thanks!

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
reply to Jeffrey
It is "activated" but will automatically cancel if you do not extend the subscription.